Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Butler

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has used this accessory. Awhile ago I submitted a post and didn't get much of a response. It looks like they've improved their website to describe it much better. To me, it appears similar to how a Weber charcoal summit firebox is built. The griddle looks useful as does having the entire grill surface for food. I'd like to know what others think. Here is a link to check out. http://firebutler.com/

I saw the title and immediately thought of an actual human butler that lit my cookers for me.

First I see of this.

Comment

That looks nice, but I'm happy with the SnS.

Comment

Yeip and the SnS can do everything it can do without the extra accessories.

Comment

Nice attachment but I agree with RonB, the SnS does the needed job.

Comment

An interesting contraption. While I own a SnS, I will not be as quick to dismiss this product. I am attracted to the "hibachi" as they call it and am wondering how well it would do with pizza. If I would have known about this product last November, would I have purchased it over the Smoke E-Z I bought for the 26.75" Weber? I can't honestly answer that because I was looking for more real estate at the time. However, if I was in the market for a second SnS with DnG I would give this serious consideration due to fact your losing about 1/3 of your grill space when smoking. I am curious on how it stacks up against the SnS when it comes to searing. Hey Max Good how about a side by side comparison of the SnS with DnG and the Fire Butler? Inquiring BBQ minds want to know.

Comment

• Max Good
              Max Good commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's see if this product gets any traction.

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              BOOM! You have spoken!

Looks like a pretty neat system they've created that gives a lot of options/versatility. I don't really think it competes head to head with the SnS - would be hard to use the big griddle plate with an SnS.

Comment

I have one and am not pleased with the way the airflow for the coals worked. I get way more heat as well as getting it much faster if I take it out and just use the kettle alone. I am now looking at the SNS. The 3" deep large deflector did come in handy when doing a smoke for steaks before the reverse sear. But I then would use my gas grill's searing station instead. Otherwise I would have to wait 20-30 for the coals to heat up enough for a sear. Very disappointed. It is also very bulky.

Comment

Jim, thank you for the review. This is the type of info I was looking for when I submitted my post.

On your reverse sear comment, wouldn't this be a similar problem with someone using a Weber charcoal summit?

Comment

It looks really awesome. I wouldn't mind doing a trial for them, if they gave me a free one to review. I can do the hot and fast indirect and direct with my Vortex, so I wouldn't need it for that.

Comment

On the Weber, I can have the coals hotter so they don't have as far to go. Using the FB and the searing/grilling plate, the coals didn't get as hot during the smoke, and and using a BBQ Dragon, the coals cooled of quickly as soon as I turned it off. Doesn't seem to have good airflow from below. They do tell you that you have to shake off the dust often. But that means pulling the grate off with the food on it and then shaking it and clearing the vent below, then putting the grate back on. Now, I could be using it wrong, or am not as patient with it as I should be. It is built very well, tho. The searing plate is not welded all the way around so liquids will leak.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here