Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife kills husband in Puerto Rico(joke, well almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife kills husband in Puerto Rico(joke, well almost)

I joined a couple of days ago. Started reading, and reading, then some more reading. took some breaks for some videos. Then something happened......I started purchasing toys......Slow n sear. Told the wife, she was not amused, but said OK, you just paid 15k dollars for my new kitchen cabinets and you will cook ribs for me. Then I keep reading.....Whats that? I need a better thermometer? OK, now which way to go? Brain says....something that will get the job done and is wife friendly, OK, I can do this. Hell no.....my MCS would not allow it, it whisper in my ear.."get the good stuff, it will pay of in the long run,so i get a Thermoworks Smoke setup, besides your the boss, i said to myself!" Bullshit,,wife is the boss...happy wife, equals peace. So in the course of 3 days i have spent well over $225.00.
    So if you read or see the news about a woman in PR who chopped up her husband and then BBQ him and feed him to the dogs, you guess it, it's me.
    Now if i can just convince her i need a fan controller and Sous Vide, i would be half way there.
    Last edited by Blaedes; June 4, 2017, 11:50 PM.

Wishing ya' th' best of luck!!!

Comment

Keep telling yourself that you're half-way there. MCS has got you Now! She'll learn to love the following:

1. Good food
      2. She's NOT cooking
      3. The heat is NOT in the house
      4. The cooking AND mess is outside

Comment

• JoeInTX
        JoeInTX commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your list!

Good story and a good start. More toys yet to come. Welcome.

Comment

As Meathead said, (at least I think it was Meathead) "Get the best. You will only cry once over the price. It will last a long time!"

Comment

Ya might want to add a kevlar vest to your wish list - and the sooner the better. Maybe a helmet too....

Comment

I've spent about $1600 in the last two weeks and have survived....so far!

Comment

Only 9 posts so far and you're already into advanced stages of MCS. Damn... you got it quick. Buy your Sous Vide circulator as a gift 🎁 for your wife.👍 She will not know that you bought it for yourself.🤑

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                She will be pleased that you were so thoughtful and generous to her. Don't forget to get her a vacuum sealer too.👍

• Bruce54
                Bruce54 commented
                Editing a comment
                Go for it! This used to work for me. Funny how fast they wise up though.

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Blaedes, Breadhead, Just Quit Smoking like Bread Did, Money is No Problem Then❓
                From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

There is an easy answer my friend. What you have to do is first relax, then put your thinking cap on. "How can I make my wife love what I do", has to be the motivation for you getting what you want. Shower her with praise, give her little pecks of appreciation, and remind her how wonderful her kitchen is, without a hint of your motives. Tell her about the carpenter's story (no not that one) of how one needs different saws for different cuts, to have wood look beautiful and fit. Maybe, some of those different saws were used in her new kitchen.
              Totally unrelated, but in this case everything is related, see if she has acquired any new shoes lately. Make mention how lovely her feet look in the various array of shoes, much like the different amenities of her kitchen and sorta, golly shucks, gee (here's where you mention the new gear you want) the thigamajob that you were juuust considering for your outdoor cookin that she loves so much because AR has elevated your lives so much.
              ​​​​​​​"Honey, isn't it so grand the way we now eat this wonderful food prepared in your new kitchen, with a little help from me & my equipment & what I have learned from those wonderful people at AR. Lay it on thick, everybody loves to be shmoozed.
              ​​​​​​​Rememember, your thought process & focus has to be "how do I make my wife love what I do". Eat good & have a ton of fun! Lemme know how it works out for ya.

Comment

• Blaedes
                Blaedes commented
                Editing a comment
                Coincidence.....I just had custom made new cabinets for the kitchen....$15,000.00 worth of cabinets. So yeah, the saws are many....lol

Hah! Good stuff FireMan . I had bought the Indiegogo promotion for the Uuni Pro twice and cancelled it twice. Then I sez to her - what do you think of this thing? Available in September. She sez why don't you take advantage of the 3 pack, available in July for $100 off each, and sell two of them? I sez I ain't arguing with you!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                A very wise husband
                Brother EdF !!!!

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that's selling a product!

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                That's understanding that my wife is one smart lady!

EdF , there ya go, & to all others, You can have your MCS & eat to. BBQ, yum, yum.

Comment

wife agreed to the KJ as a christmas gift. she is loving it with all the cooking I am doing. just sell the advantages to her!

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There ya go!

Blaedes , "prepare everyone necessary"!!! Your involvement in The Pit can lead to to Bread Baking which "requires" a few MCS related tools. I feel it my duty to warn you of this good possibility far in the future. Someone needed to tell you. Welcome to The Pit. Enjoy!

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True that... a man has to have something to do during those long low and slow cooks. Baking fresh sourdough rolls to put your pulled pork between is easy and your family will love them.👍

I'm waiting for Father's Day to roll around before ordering my next toy, Vortex. I'm guessing, well hoping she'll ask what I want! Planning on making ribs on the Slow n Sear next weekend to convince her I know what I'm doing!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You Rock, Good Luck with yer upcomin' rib cook!

15K for her cabinets should offset a whole heck of a lot of MCS.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here