Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new toy do I get first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which new toy do I get first

Ok guys help needed for deciding which bit of kit I get for the next "must have" for my 57cm Weber. Rotisserie or Sous Vide kit?

Cheers

Sous Vide so you can try some of the Sous-Vide-Que recipes.

Comment

Sous vide. You'll have more fun with that.

Comment

I don't have a sous vide and I do have a rotisserie, but you can do a lot more things with a sous vide...

Comment

Get both if you can..
          ​​​​​​I have a rotisserie I bough years ago but haven't used yet...one day.. But I Sous Vide all the time and if you can only get one get the SV..IMHO

Comment

SV, hands down. If nothing else, its worth it for the Pastrami.

Comment

The SNS is missing from this list but I do like the SV choice also.

Comment

Sous Vide

Comment

Just roll the dice...😎 You know eventually you will buy both.😬 You've been stricken with MCS and you are only limited by your checkbook and your significant other. I would try an MCS trick though. Buy the SV circulator on your credit card and have it mailed as a gift to your wife by Amazon.😎 She might look at you funny but give her a hug and say enjoy your new toy.😆 If she thanks you for such a thoughtful gift you might be able to order the rotisserie soon.🤑
                  Last edited by Breadhead; April 24, 2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Notavegan
                    Notavegan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Breadhead, my SO would see right through that. Like getting her a bowling ball and the holes fit YOUR fingers. (bc Mothers day is coming up, and shes a mother, and I want a SV...)

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @breadhead

Don't be taking that personally. It was just an excuse to pull a great song into the thread! And a bit of admiration for your method of rationalization/persuasion - which you have to admit is that of a seasoned expert!

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    EdF ... we're good. Not a problem.👍 Notavegan ... sounds like a perfect Mother's Day gift to me. SV circulators make EXCELLENT baby food.🙀

I would say sous vide first, if you can only get one. I have had a lot of fun with mine so far. And as Spinaker said, it is worth it for the pastrami alone!

Comment

Looks like the Sous Vide's have it!!

Cheers

Comment

My dear beloved presented me with a Bluetooth/WiFi Anova Sous Vide today!! The Vac. sealer is due to arrive this week. Yippee!!

The Android app insists on connecting with Bluetooth and does not mention WiFi. Not sure what all this connectivity brings to the party anyway.

Comment

Kirton , congrats on your new gift. You're going to love using it.

I have a Joule (2 of them, actually) and they need a wifi/bluetooth link to run. But the connectivity to the app also brings an ease in setup along with the recipe for whatever I'm sous viding. The recipe is given in step by step short videos and makes learning to sous vide both easy and food-safe. I like using the app and then branching out as needed.

Enjoy that new toy!

Kathryn

Comment

I'm not to crazy over the sous vide thing especially sous vide cue so I'll say get the SnS or maybe the rotisserie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here