Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill Grates for the SnS and PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Grates for the SnS and PBC

I'm considering buying the one for the SnS but not so sure about the one for the PBC.

When I do steaks (and I've been doing a lot of ribeyes lately for the neighborhood and for work) I use the SnS for direct searing and indirect cooking to the desired temp. I have issues with flare ups so I can see the usefulness of the custom fit grill grate. Has anyone had experience with them?

For the PBC, I'm not so sure. I hang ribs, tri tip, chicken, etc. but I use the grate for pork butt & chicken wings. I'm not too worried about flare ups in the PBC. Has anyone used the PBC grill grates, and do they make that much of a difference?

(I have not and am waiting to see the response here.

Comment

• abandonedbrain
      abandonedbrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Came here tonight just to post up questions re: PBC GrillGrates!

I would get one for the SNS. That is almost a gimme, as far as I am concerned. As for the PBC. I don't think you need one there. I have covered all of my cooking surfaces with Grill Grates. Except for the PBC. They make a huge difference. However, I don't think they are needed on the PBC. To be honest, the PBC isn't a great rig for grilling. Its a smoker. I have only used it for grilling a few times, and that was because I was in a pinch. If you have a Weber/SnS combo you don't need to grill on the PBC. Even if you do grill with the PBC, GGs are not needed because the fire is so far below the grate.
    Long story short, Get them for the SNS, pass on the ones for the PBC.

Comment

I think it is really a stretch to really need grillgrates for the PBC. If one did not have a kettle or any other pit that they could practically grill on then maybe one could use the grillgrates.

Like mentioned above, I've grilled a few times and it really wasn't practical fighting all that smoke and trying to rotate without a built in pulley wheel b/n two grates. The end product was great but I much prefer to get jiggy with the kettles and SnS's for grilling and turn out something just as good.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        "but I much prefer to get jiggy with the kettles and SnS's...." Hahahahaha

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm stone cold down wit dat... <GBG>

Pretty much what I was thinking...thanks everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here