Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow and Sear Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow and Sear Plus

Slow and Sear Plus is brand new from ABC. No reviews yet on Amazon. Do you know anything about this product and how it compares with the regular Slow and Sear? Might return the model I just ordered in favor of the Plus? Guess I have the usual 30 days to decide. I'm a new member.This is my first post.Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit sundial11! We're glad you're here. Aside from being the Pit Boss around these parts I'm also the owner of ABC, so I'll give you my advice on the SnS+. The SnS+ has a bottom plate that does not come with the standard SnS. There is a lip that sticks out under the water reservoir that helps keep it from tipping over. The plate covers the entire charcoal basket bottom and acts as a ventilated grate for the charcoal basket. It cooks the same as the regular SnS. What the base plate offers is stability for when you want to slide the SnS+ around, the ability to dump out coal once it's cooled off if you want to move the coal to another cooker, and the grate does a better job of holding small lump charcoal pieces than the standard kettle grate. Both the SnS and Sns+ are made from 16 gauge 304 stainless steel.

If you end up wanting to exchange your SnS for the SnS+ please reach out to us here: http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!contact-us/c20q

Comment

• sundial11
      sundial11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your help. I just ordered the SnS+ and will be sending you my new and unused SnS standard model for credit to my Visa.

Welcome sundial11

Comment

There is one important difference between the two not mentioned here. The "+" is for the "26" Weber and is too big for the 22.5" Weber.
      Last edited by David Parrish; July 8, 2016, 06:58 PM. Reason: From Pit Boss - Please note the SnS+ is for the 22" kettle so this post is incorrect. The SnS XL is the model that fits the 26" Weber.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        So, never, basically, lol.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes it's tough to separate "needs" from "wants", but the original does a great job, so I don't need the "+" - even though I want it.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB ... Your MCS will act up at some point and you know that will force you to pull the trigger on that New and Improved SnS.😆

Welcome to The Pit sundial11. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here