Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a simple stainless grate for the Summit Charcoal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a simple stainless grate for the Summit Charcoal!

David Parrish , any chance you guys can can come up with a replacement grate for the Summit Charcoal that doesn't have a big hole in the middle? I don't use any of the GGS accessories that Weber sells and there's no replacement from Weber. The grate is hard to clean and there's a lot more steel in it than necessary.

Nothing fancy, some 7/32" stainless rod welded on 1/2" centers onto a 23-7/8" diameter ring . Handles would be nice but no need for the hinged sections like Weber has on their kettles.

Might be a small market but if the SCG takes off I'm sure there'll be a market. At least a market of one. I'll even volunteer to test the prototype!

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by billg71; May 13, 2016, 04:20 PM.

I'm not at home where I can measure the grate on my XL BGE, but the 24" cooking grate might be close to the size you want.

Comment

• billg71
      billg71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, fuzzydaddy . There's a BGE dealer a mile or so from home, I'll drop by tomorrow with my tape measure and see if it'll fit..

I'm part owner of a steel service center so I could supply you with the stainless rods but we don't do any fabricating so you'd have to find someone to fab it up for you. We'd also have to go with either 3/16 or 1/4 inch diameter, I don't stock the 7/32. Let me know if I can help!

Comment

Thanks to all and especially fuzzydaddy . I just got back from the local Ace with the BGE XL grate, it's a perfect fit!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Glad to help!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here