Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a little SnS support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a little SnS support.

Some character named ORMOZD over on Amazon just gave the SnS 2 stars because he thinks it's "SIGNIFICANTLY OVERPRICED." That's the whole review. No comments about how he likes it, if he's used it, etc. I'm heading over there tomorrow and leave a comment after I think about a polite way to word it. Some of you SnS fans might want to do the same.
    Last edited by Tim Clark; May 4, 2016, 04:32 PM.

Interesting statement this individual is making of him/herself. 'I willingly paid for this item, but now I'm mad that it's significantly overpriced.' Someone must've held a gun to their head eh?

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he thought it was going to slow n sear his steak for him? just sayin'

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      It might be those unemployed Smokenator employees...😆

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Stupidity is a Comstitutionally Guaranteed Right.

I saw a 4 star b/c they hadn't used it yet.

Comment

Now Boys and Girls, There is some Friggi'n Idiot that doesn't Know his A-- from A Hole in the Ground! Takes them All to make the World go Around! He doesn't know what he is Talking About, I Do With References if Needed but I won't waste their time to explain it to that Light Weight! I believe my S 'n S is a Top of the Industry Product of Top Quaility Materials with a Std of Manufacturing and Welding beyond all Others! I bought Quality and Recieved Perfection! I think I will Quit Now! I have a very low Tolerance Threshol if it's not obvious!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Go ahead Dan... Bust loose and tell us what you really think...😆

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        You tell 'em Dan … I stutter!

Tell me what you really think of them. Go ahead! Don't mince any words; I right there with you!

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guest, CeramicChef, Boys when you come accross a Prairie Fire you're supposed to P-- on It not pour Gas on it! Thanks 😙🤔😇🤔😙. From Fargo ND, Dan

At first I thought it was a little over price until I got it and used it now I think the price is reasonable but I do think the XL is a little over price.

Comment

Now now folks. I seem to remember the Smokenator being criticized as being too expensive for what it was. But in reality it was a great tool for turning the Weber Kettle into a smoker that worked better than what it was. A great invention by a gentleman who was willing to help others. Now we have the slow-n-sear as the next generation tool for taking the Weber to a new level. Everyone isn't going to see the value in what the slow-n-sear is just like they didn't see the value in what the Smokenator was.

For those who understand no explanation is necessary. For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

And besides, when I see nothing but 5 star ratings on a product on Amazon, I doubt the validity of the ratings.
        Last edited by bep35; May 4, 2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan, I love the dialog on this site. Folks sharing thoughts and feelings on a hobby we are all passionate about. Thanks for Sharing. Located a little south of you in Pierre.

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Guest, I have been to and through Pierre a few times over the years, In addition to being your SD State Capital
          it seemed to me a nice City! Do you Fish the River? From Fargo ND, Dan
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 5, 2016, 11:41 AM.

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fish a few times a year. More into hunting. Great outdoor opportunities here.

Originally posted by bep35 View Post
        And besides, when I see nothing but 5 star ratings on a product on Amazon, I doubt the validity of the ratings.
        I agree. I was surprised it took this long for someone to leave a negative review. It's kind of like a nice scar. Gives you street cred. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          At first I thought it was a little over price until I got it and used it now I think the price is reasonable but I do think the XL is a little over price.

Darrell I won't deny it's expensive, but I will try to explain. The SnS XL is made from 8 pounds of 304 Stainless Steel vs 5 pounds used to make the regular SnS. It's made in smaller quantities than the SnS so the cost of setup for a production run has a higher impact on per unit cost, and the base plate has to be hand welded to the main body of the SnS, which also adds cost. Speaking of base plate, that part is made from 10 gauge 304 stainless steel and is a whole additional production run.

But like I said, I agree it's expensive.

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            The SnS isn't expensive at all, especially when compared to a dedicated smoker of any type or a kamado. Folks need to quite being so dadgummed cheap! I don't understand how some folks will buy prime beef and bitch about the price of an SnS or the price of really good charcoal!

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Who's bitchin?

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles I think he means the Amazon reviewer

Yeah, but at least it could be an actual review like "This thing cost me a hundred bucks and it didn't even come with a power cord." Or..."not only is it practically impossible to get lit charcoal into that little slot but my steaks drop right through and fall onto the kitchen counter. Who designed this thing?" Or something along those lines. 😝
          Last edited by Tim Clark; May 4, 2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Clark View Post
            Yeah, but at least it could be an actual review like "This thing cost me a hundred bucks and it didn't even come with a power cord." Or..."not only is it practically impossible to get lit charcoal into that little slot but my steaks drop right through and fall onto the kitchen counter. Who designed this thing?" Or something along those lines. 😝
            Charcoal won't fit into that narrow slot, and why does the huge water reservoir have a mesh bottom?? Gets my $200 Nikes wet everytime.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee, you crack me up dude!! 😎

That review kind of reminds me of some of the recipe sites I have seen. You see a recipe with a 5 star review, and the review goes "I made the following 73 changes to this recipe..." How the hell can you rate something if you don't first make it or use it in the intended fashion??? Grrrrrr....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              That is funny.....

• Tim Clark
              Tim Clark commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, that thing of changing a recipe and then reviewing it drives me insane. Biggest place for that is the Epicurious site. I rarely even go there anymore cause I need to stop throwing my iPad across the room.

Great presentation David Parrish ...👍

I spent 40 years selling product. Some under priced to buy market share, my favorite😆, and some over priced to create value or to cover for inefficient manufacturing costs. My least favorite.😡

Justifying a higher price on an IMPROVED product has to be presented in a way that people instinctually say... OK, I get it.👍 As you did with Darrell.👌

Not many high level Military guys are good salesmen. Not many humans are good salesmen.

You killed it... Good job!
            Last edited by Breadhead; May 5, 2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Breadhead.

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Breadhead if you're going to bring my name up can you at least spell it right..

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Problem solved Darrell...👍

Well, I just headed over to Amazon and left a reasonable comment for ORMOZD but then I saw a new one by DM that really IS nuts! He seems to have serious bugs to pick with just about everyone if you look at his reviews. Only thing he consistently likes is motorcycle helmet face shields. I tried to think of something helpful to say but I couldn't. Puts me in a bad mood first thing in the morning.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              You and me both Tim. You and me both. When it rains it pours.

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Geez, after reading all of his "reviews", I will be sure to stay off of that dude's lawn.

Danjohnston949 ...

Some customers are better than others but they're all the life blood of your company. Dealing with irrational customers is not that difficult if you stay calm and let them do all of the talking.👌 If you listen intently they will usually tell you the cheapest way to solve their problem. Staying calm is the hard part.😡

I found that if you let a pissed off customer do ALL of the talking that when they were done... If you stayed silent and created an uncomfortable pause, they would start all over and go through it again, in a calmer more tenable way. Then you could calm them down and solve their problem.🤔
            Last edited by Breadhead; May 5, 2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              Breadhead, I think you and I went to the Same Sales School! #1: The Customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!
              #2: At the end of the day HE IS STILL THE CUSTOMER! From Fargo ND, Dan

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Breadhead it was because of the Seven Habits that I set the goal of, "Having a working prototype of the Slow 'N Sear developed and in hand by April 15, 2015".

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Danjohnston949 ...

Yes... We think a lot alike. It costs lots of money to obtain a customer. Losing a customer because of poor execution or disrespect is criminal! When an unhappy customer makes another purchase you've won!
              Last edited by Breadhead; May 5, 2016, 02:30 PM.

This is why you were a good salesman and I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. Trouble is, it's a lot easier to deal with someone face to face than on the internet. Just looking at internet reviews over the last few years, you can tell when someone has a legitimate gripe and when someone just wants to rant because they can.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here