Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'N Sear XL - Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow 'N Sear XL - Pics

For anyone interested here are pics of the new SnS XL. It's $145, goes on sale Tuesday, and ships out Wednesday.

SnS XL Top View

SnS XL Bottom View

SnS XL and SnS for size comparison

Nice cut outs on the bottom. I take it not done with an Oxy-Acetylene torch.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I could it with one, and you know it.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Nice cut outs on the bottom. I take it not done with an Oxy-Acetylene torch.
    Laser cut, machine formed, and hand welded in Kentucky.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest, 👍👍👍👍👍. Appears to have all the Quality as the original! I can hardly wait for the bottom insert for my S 'n S! Congrats to You, Your Wife Guest and the rest of Adrenaline BBQ!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 9, 2016, 02:45 PM.

• Gunderich_1
      Gunderich_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      David, just curious as I am in Western Kentucky, where are you getting it done?

Nice! Working on a Summit version now?

Comment

What is the XL? I just purchased the regular one yesterday. Should I have waited?

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Sigh...I'm in the green zone out here in CA! Still hoping for the weekend. When you say I can get two racks in there...what kind of racks? Rib racks? I do relaly appreciate all the advice. I feel like I'm sucking up people's time with all of my millions of questions!!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Fed Ex Home delivers on Saturday so if you don't get it Friday you could still get it Saturday. We'll know more once your tracking # goes live tomorrow evening. And I meant you can get two racks of ribs to lay flat on the indirect side. Baby backs will fit more easily than St. Louis style ribs.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Comments aren't really meant for big discussion. We should be using the Reply box at the bottom of the page.

Oh, okay
      Thanks, i should get it mid week. I can't wait to take it on a test drive, it's been awhile since I did a long cook.

Comment

Originally posted by CRO View Post
        Oh, okay
        Thanks, i should get it mid week. I can't wait to take it on a test drive, it's been awhile since I did a long cook.

I have done multiple 13-16 hours cooks with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CRO View Post
          Oh, okay

Hmmm, you should check your tracking #. I think it might be a little sooner than that.

Comment

Wow! Gorgeous! Even more a piece of artwork than the original. Any chance of getting a bottom grate retrofit for the original? Always thought it would be nice to be able to move it a bit when it's full of lit charcoal. Not complaining, mind you.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Tim! I'm working on a retrofit bottom plate.

Does the bottom plate add more standing stability? I have the regular one and often fear that it's going to tip over on me.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it does. That's why the base plate extends below the water reservoir.

• ctesibiusulpius
              ctesibiusulpius commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent. Is it going to be for sale just on your website, or also on amazon? Due to the extra size and weight, I presume shipping will be more as well?

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Just on the abc website. Shipping will be a little more. $14.95.

I'll get an order in as soon as I get funding approval! Take a guess as to what I mean!!! To be clear, we just purchased a 2nd home and the $$ are a bit short right now. It is beautiful and I really really need one. I may have to wait a month or 2 (or 3).

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Your standard SnS will treat you well in the meantime=)

Sooooo...... Is there a link for PIT members to lock in their pre-orders???

W

Comment

Originally posted by wayneprichard View Post
              Sooooo...... Is there a link for PIT members to lock in their pre-orders???

W
              I WISH demand would be so high that a secret link for Pit members is needed. Alas, that is not likely to be the case. Just check the ABC site Tuesday afternoon using this link: http://slownsear.com/?abc_ref=4

I'll be out of town or I'd commit to posting here when the link is live.

Comment

• wayneprichard
                wayneprichard commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't blame a dude for trying... ;-)

What are the dimensions good sir?

W

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm out of town and don't have numbers in front of me but when the XL goes live on the site this afternoon there will be a schematic. Something like 24x4.75x9.5 inches.

I will order it for sure David Parrish especially since it's made in Kentucky

Comment

That bottom grate would have been really handy on the original too. When I close the vents after a quick sear, there I a lot of reusable charcoal left, but getting it back in the chimney can be a pain. The bottom grate would make it easy to just dump it in.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure if you're just commenting casually or haven't heard the good news, but a retrofit bottom plate is in the works for the Original SnS... Cool beans eh?

• RichBrew
                  RichBrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee both! I must have missed it on the first read. Glad to hear it's in the works, It will be very useful.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here