Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib rack with slow 'n sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib rack with slow 'n sear

I have a 22" weber and the slow and sear. Really great combination, and the Amazing Ribs site is fantastic. I need a rib rack to do St. Louis racks. The recommended ones on this site look like they won't fit on the "indirect" side with the slow and sear in place or are not very highly rated. Any new recommendations to use with the slow and sear?

2 is about the maximum amount of ribs you want to put maybe 3. Part of the rib rack will extend over the coals possibly. I find it easier to fit St Louis ribs than the back ribs since they don't curve.

I'm pretty sure I have the standard Weber rib rack.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 27, 2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Hawkeye Pierce, I have several different Rib Racks but what I use most often is my Roast or Turkey Rack turned up side down! I can't remember for sure but I think it's a Weber Rack it fits between the edge of the Weber and the Water Resevoir of the S 'n S tightly and will hold 4 Half Racks Easily! Hope this helps You!. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 28, 2016, 06:57 AM.

Comment

You can also use bamboo skewers. Keep them straight or roll them up, loosely so they all get smoke.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Hawkeye Pierce! Looks like you've received some great answers so far. How many racks are you aiming to cook, just 2?

When you get a minute, it'd be great if you could head over to the Introduce Yourself channel and give us a little bio about your self, as much or as little as you'd like to share...we all love meeting new members.

Comment

I use this

I can do 3 whole St. Louis cut racks if I get it positioned just right. I would imagine other racks could do it too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here