Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS-XL for the Weber 26 verses the SNS deluxe for the 22 for grilling / hot work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS-XL for the Weber 26 verses the SNS deluxe for the 22 for grilling / hot work.

Quick question for you guys and gals that have the SNS for both the 26 and 22 and use them for day to day grill work not just low and slow smoking BBQ.This is going to sound a bit strange so let me preface with a bit of background…

When I got my 26 I was surprised how much differently it cooked. I know this is due to the overall size and height of the lid dome but after decades of the 22 it was really a difference in times and temps. I also noticed that I see a vast difference in food after the first flip. On the 26 with the higher dome and larger bowl I see less cooking on the underside of the meat / veggies then on the 22 at the flip point of the cook.

I have found this difference to be even more noticeable with the SNS-XL. It shows me that there is a big difference between indirect cooking and actual 2 zone cooking. The 26 does a nice job of setting up the cool zone by itself but it is remarkable with the SNS-XL on board!

So I am planning a bit of a project build for spring that may or may not feature multiple 22 kettles table mounted and as I assemble needed materials over the winter I am wondering…

Does the SNS deluxe work as well in separation of temp zones on the 22 as its big brother does on the 26 or is the 22 just not deep, tall or wide enough to work as well?

I know everyone swears by the SNS and I am really starting to like mine but for the Guys and Gals that have both what say you?

Thanks Everyone,
    Clay
    Last edited by CHNeal; November 17, 2022, 05:23 AM.

Boy, I've never really paid such close attention to the differences between the 22 and 26 when using the SnS. But I'd say yes, it does just as good of job, given its own capabilities. But, the caveat being, as you mention, the 26 is wider which naturally lends itself to greater opportunity for separation. The SnS was initially designed and tested up the wazoo for the 22.

Comment

I have the original SnS designed for the 22 in my 26. It works perfectly fine. Very happy with it. As a result I have no interest in the bigger SnS for the 26 - loses too much grate space. I mostly use it for grilling, not smoking. I have a stick burner, PBC and WSM that handle most of my low/slow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here