Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aura Kettle Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aura Kettle Zone

Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Aura Kettle Zone? (It seems to be the perfect solution for my need to increase indirect real estate on my Weber Kettle

Here's an Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KY2XFF4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?

Hmm ... can't seem to make the link work??

(Amazon has it - just search for Aura Kettle Zone)

Look forward to any response(s)!

Peace,
    Nunyaz
    Last edited by nunyaz; October 22, 2022, 04:25 PM. Reason: NOTE: the Link DOES work :) it just didn't seem to work in preview

Not a bad idea for sure. This one looks higher quality for the same money or maybe a bit cheaper.

Sittin’ here with the post-bbq buzz. It’s all pretty straightforward, there’s no “Where the hell does this go?” about anything. Ring goes on grate, charcoal goes in ring, fire goes on charcoal, plate goes on top, etc. (filedata/fetch?id=1257738&d=1658271741) I used my DigiQ on this cook, mostly because I never do any

Comment

Originally posted by IFindZeroBadCooks View Post
      Not a bad idea for sure. This one looks higher quality for the same money or maybe a bit cheaper.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ate-first-cook
      Same money, but different product. One thing nunyaz is looking for is ease of charcoal replenishment. While I wouldn’t call replenishment hard, I would call it inconvenient. It’s basically heavy gloves and a place to put hot things.

However, I bought that product specifically for multiple racks of ribs, and I’m certain that the ring will hold a solid 6 hour cook at 250°. I buried my wood chunks in the charcoal (like I do for the BGE) rather than place them on top as usual, and when the minion hit the wood, it stalled, creating uneven burn and stopping the flame front. If you do a minion and just put the wood on top of the coals it should work fine.

For any other low/slow cooks on the Weber I would use the S&S with the drip pan. Briskets, butts, beef ribs, etc don’t need the extra space.

Comment

• nunyaz
        nunyaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Comments and input MUCH appreciated!
        Yes, looking for ease of charcoal replenish AND increased low n slow real estate on a 22.5 Kettle. Either device we're talking about here solves the real estate challenge ... I have gloves but nowhere practical to put hot things (which are also dripping fat, rub, etc.).
        THIS is why the Aura looks like a possible solution - was hoping for IRL review (In Real Life) ...
        Appreciate the write up Mosca, well documented and photographed!!
        Peace, Nunyaz

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        All makes sense to me.

Originally posted by IFindZeroBadCooks View Post

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ate-first-cook
      YES! Higher quality, but as Mosca mentioned it doesn't resolve the charcoal tending issue

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here