Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS Rotisserie Kit Review…It Ain’t Just A Rotisserie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS Rotisserie Kit Review…It Ain’t Just A Rotisserie!

I always like it when a company goes the extra mile and provides thoughtful and useful little touches to their products….SNS Grills is one of those companies. By now most of us are aware of the extra features of their kettle, when put up against the Weber equivalent. I won’t rehash those again, but I’d like to give my initial impressions of their rotisserie kit, which I just got today.

For anyone out there considering a kettle grill to purchase, you should definitely give the SNS strong consideration. I have both the Weber 22” Master Touch kettle and their rotisserie, as well as the SNS 22” kettle, and now their rotisserie kit as well. This review will also include comparisons to the Weber rotisserie. If you already have an SNS kettle, you should at least consider adding their rotisserie to your arsenal. Even if you think you might not use the rotisserie that much, consider this…it also has the ability to raise your cooking level higher up from the coals. It has 4 grate tabs included on the top of the ring to hold an upper level cooking grate. This places your food 12” above the charcoal grate. Live wood fired steaks anyone! A poor man’s Santa Maria? My SNS kit came with a cooking grate which I can use when not employing the rotisserie. This can ALSO effectively double your cooking capacity by using both your regular grate and the elevated grate! Weber’s rotisserie kit does not have this ability. It is a rotisserie only.

The 2 holes in the rotisserie ring that your rod goes through? ….they could let a lot of heat and smoke escape if not covered….[if you’re using the ring without the actual rotisserie] SNS thoughtfully included sliding tabs to cover those holes when not using the rotisserie. Nice touch!

The Weber rotisserie I have only has 2 prongs on the meat forks to hold your food, the SNS has 4 prongs. 2 long ones and 2 shorter ones. This is much better overall, and for holding smaller width proteins, such as a pork loin. The SNS also has 2 carrying handles attached to their ring, the Weber does not.

The motor is extremely quiet. I couldn’t hear any sound at all unless I was right next to it. None of these comments are meant to be a knock against the Weber, it’s just that SNS does it a little better. How does it seal against air leaks while using it? Very well. The only smoke I saw was coming thru the top vent. I used the SnS insert for holding my coals. So far, I really like what I see. I’m going to use the upper grill for cooking a steak over a wood fire next.

NO SMOKE ANYWHERE, EXCEPT FROM THE TOP VENT

Click image for larger version  Name:	EAE3B083-498B-4D8D-A259-CAA003ECF275.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1250379
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FBF40CDD-7E1E-4146-A9FA-1E3181FBAE9A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.73 MB ID:	1250381 Click image for larger version  Name:	16FD7720-B1A9-43EB-AAA5-43C69537ACE7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	1250382
    ABOVE: 👆 Left: Weber prongs Right: SNS prongs
    BELOW: 👇 Rotisserie Rod Holes Are Covered When Needed

Click image for larger version  Name:	BFFBD301-C067-4CAC-9A7B-F4BC4C43C30F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	1250378 Click image for larger version  Name:	79804FFC-4A9A-4924-B533-88D15B98CBA1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1250380
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2022, 03:35 PM.

Good write-up, Thanks! The one for the kamado is different: the lid is permanently attached so the rotisserie ring is angled, it is basically a rotisserie and kabob cooker only - it has several notches and comes with skewers.

Comment

The pork loin I did tonight on the rotisserie. Came out great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	69E09448-31EF-49ED-9EF7-732B18DB814F.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	1250392

Click image for larger version

Name:	65B2A14E-4B84-40D1-AE29-4DCC0C705A82.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1250393

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David.

• Greygoose
        Greygoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Luv pork loin on the spinner,,,,
        Looks delicioso

Is one for your right hand and the other for the left hand?
      You're making me jealous.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to mention, the Weber kettle I keep at Mom’s house to use when visiting.

I have the Weber rotisserie set up. This seems MUCH better. I would really like having the handles for example. Too bad it doesn’t fit a Weber. 😒

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Normally I wouldn’t recommend this 🙄 but why don’t you just buy an SNS?

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John you know John, I think eventually I will buy one. They are so nice.

Nice write up and that pork loin looks spectacular

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, appreciate that.

Great review Panhead John not only do they provide quality products there is also quality folks behind the scenes at SNS.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! You’re right David. When I first got my SNS kettle, I had a little problem attaching the ash sweepers. I called SNS, they actually have a live person answering the phone, and I spoke with Sharon. She was able to guide me through what I was doing wrong, very helpful. I called yesterday about something else and while on the phone, she mentioned they "should" have more rotisseries around the 1st of August.
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2022, 10:14 AM.

Those tabs are nice. I've used the Weber rotisserie for many years, at time using the ring to give me more smoker volume with a grilling rack. I've gotten use to using 3M aluminum tape to fix the leaking holes.

The race is on to see who comes up with a 26" performer style kettle.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep saying I'd be all over that, but my wife would be a hard sell on that one.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee - I'd just wait until my wife flies to Japan to visit family and then buy it. She may not notice if I dirty it up a bit and keep the cover on when not in use.

Thanks for the writeup and pics. It's as if that Dave Parrish guy knows his stuff. I'm thrilled to see he is doing what he set out to do- make new products, and make existing products better.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that Dave Parrish guy does know his stuff…🙂 David Parrish Lots of people want you to do a 26”er…Maybe on a cart? I’ve already got a name for it…the SNS Extreme.
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2022, 01:28 PM.

Great review, PJ! Very informative.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Sid! It’s really nice to actually own and use both products when doing a comparison review. It helps to bring up points you might otherwise gloss over.

It's funny that Weber's marketing in the 70's focused on rotisserie results without a rotisserie because of the kettle design. I guess I'm going against the grain here but after cooking on a Weber kettle for over 40 years I agree.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here