Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21.5" Stainless Grate with hinge for SNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21.5" Stainless Grate with hinge for SNS

Wanted to share a basic upgrade to my kettle that I am pretty excited about. It's a stainless cook grate with a hinge thats sized for the SNS. The material is high quality, manufactured by KillaGrilla in TN. First cook on this will be a brisket I'm wet aging in cryovac. Huge improvement over the stock cooking grate IMHO.
    Attached Files

I agree it is a great upgrade so kudos. Is there a reason you went with this over the EasySpin?

Two-zone cooking enthusiasts and Cold Grate Technique lovers rejoice! Made from high quality 304 stainless steel, this 22" grate will simplify and elevate any cook.

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I looked at the sns. I like supporting small scale fabricators in the US even if I pay more. They look identical honestly.

I have this one as well. Really like it and will last forever.

Comment

Damn, that’s heavy duty. I like it!

Comment

I badly need an upgraded grate. I don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger. The 2 grates mentioned on this thread are the ones I have been considering. Which one do I get? 🤔

Tired of replacing rusty and warped thinly made grill grates that came with your grill? Other materials such as add-on aluminum grate panels or thin wire grates won't hold up compared to the heavy duty stainless KILLAGRILLA.COM custom grill grates! This 304 stainless steel BBQ grates will guard against corrosion and will last many years over non plated steel grates, guaranteed!. This unit directly replaces Weber chrome and nickel plated small wire grates that become corroded and unsafe for barbecuing food. These heavy duty 0.25" diameter wire grates provide better searing and hold heat, allowing grill masters to complete this affordable upgrade in mere seconds. Each BBQ grill cooking grate measures 21.5" diameter and fits 22.5" Weber round kettle grills, replacing old and unusable cook grates. 21.5" Round Flip Up BBQ Stainless Grill Cooking Grate- KG 7436 SNS You asked for it, now we are producing it! Similar to our KG 7435 stainless grill grate, with (1) large side doors that allow you to add extra charcoal during cooking!!! Each BBQ grill cooking grate measures 21.5" diameter and fits 22.5" Weber round kettle grills, replacing old and unusable 7435 and 7436 cook grates. Each grill grate weighs in at a full 9 lbs! Part number KG7436SNS Custom Made in Nolensville, TN USA

Two-zone cooking enthusiasts and Cold Grate Technique lovers rejoice! Made from high quality 304 stainless steel, this 22" grate will simplify and elevate any cook.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I just need 1.

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          If you order directly from KillaGrill site it's not that much more than SNS. I stupidly ordered using Etsy so I paid more. They look
          identical to me so your variables are cost and country of manufacture.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Grilla.

I also have an easy spin. Like the Grilla better.
          Last edited by HawkerXP; June 6, 2022, 05:31 AM.

I think Grilla looks thicker. If I'm not mistaken the SNS door detaches which might be irritating.
        Last edited by Attjack; June 5, 2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          The SNS easy spin grate’s door isn’t detachable.

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't remember, but I think my easy spin grates (or at least one of them) was detachable. A pair of channel locks took care of that.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          It is, or was detachable. Yes, easy to spin. But that has never been a big issue for me.
          Could always use my Dremel to cut off the bits that hang up if it was.

Does anyone know if the handles of either the SNS or Grilla grate will fit in the slot of the Weber Performer (allows for hanging the grate during cleaning, charcoal loading, etc)?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Grillin Dad The handles on my SNS easy spin grate are exactly 3 and 3/4 inches wide……
          Last edited by Panhead John; June 5, 2022, 01:36 PM.

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn, I had no idea!

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          Speaking from experience this Grilla does not fit, however I wouldn't let that stop you from purchasing one. They are incredible.
          Tired of replacing rusty and warped thinly made grill grates that came with your grill? Other materials such as add-on aluminum grate panels or thin wire grates won't hold up compared to the heavy duty stainless KILLAGRILLA.COM custom grill grates! This 304 stainless steel BBQ grates will guard against corrosion and will last many years over non plated steel grates, guaranteed!. This unit directly replaces Weber chrome and nickel plated small wire grates that become corroded and unsafe for barbecuing food. These heavy duty 0.25" diameter wire grates provide better searing and hold heat, allowing grill masters to complete this affordable upgrade in mere seconds. Each BBQ grill cooking grate measures 21.5" diameter and fits 22.5" Weber round kettle grills, replacing old and unusable cook grates. 21.5" Round Flip Up BBQ Stainless Grill Cooking Grate- KG 6925 Weber replacement You asked for it, now we are producing it! Similar to our KG 7435 stainless grill grate, with (2) side doors that allow you to add extra charcoal during cooking!!! Each BBQ grill cooking grate measures 21.5" diameter and fits 22.5" Weber round kettle grills, replacing old and unusable 7435 and 7436 cook grates. Each grill grate weighs in at a full 9 lbs! Part number KG 6925 Custom Made in Nolensville, TN USA

Jfrosty27 yeah, that slot is money. I've got mine oh a wooden deck, so laying the grate on the ground probably isn't the best idea

Comment

Panhead John the slot is 3.75 inches wide also, so it could be a pretty tight fit

Comment

• MsTwiggy
            MsTwiggy commented
            Editing a comment
            The KillaGrilla is over 4" so no luck for you on that. I noticed my stock weber grate handle gets narrower further from the cooking grate.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re right Miss Twiggy. The SNS stays the same width from the grate to the end of the handle.

• Grillin Dad
            Grillin Dad commented
            Editing a comment
            Think I'll stick with my cheap nickel plated grate, that's a deal breaker for me. And I'm lazy, much easier to drop $20 every 3 or 4 years, them mess with grinding.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here