Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS FInally Has A Rotisserie For Their Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS FInally Has A Rotisserie For Their Kettle

Unless I missed an earlier post from someone, SNS apparently just released a rotisserie kit for their kettle! Great, just what I needed to hear, like I ain’t spent enough $ lately. 😢 Anyway, it looks like they released it just last month. Here’s a link. Did anyone here know about this? As you might already know, Weber’s rotisserie will not fit the SNS and this won’t fit a Weber. I’m glad they finally have one.

https://snsgrills.com/products/sns-k...rotisserie-kit

Click image for larger version  Name:	9DA2A5D2-716C-4F90-BCF4-36DD03726B27.png Views:	0 Size:	5.77 MB ID:	1224999

Last edited by Panhead John; May 22, 2022, 04:38 PM.

For you SnS Kettle owners who have been asking for a rotisserie kit, SnS Grills now has them. They are $200.00: https://snsgrills.com/collections/grilling-accessories/products/sns-kettle-rotisserie-kit

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd have probably done the exact same thing, Panhead John . Blame it on too much information going into the short term memory on a day to day basis. Sounds plausible, doesn't it?

Kathryn

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Its the Coors Lite

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc Thank you Kathryn, you are absolutely one of the kindest people here. And I agree with you. The vast quantities of knowledge I absorb on a daily basis and my frequent efforts to help other people sometimes results in…….aw hell, who am I kidding, I’m getting old! 😂

Yes, PJ, we did know about this. 🤦‍♀️

Comment

I wonder how many of these kettle they have sold.........makes me curious. I wonder if you could use a cheaper knockoff rotisserie for this.

The thing is with these, for me, I would only use it a few times a year, so I feel like I would opt for the cheapest knockoff rotisserie I could find.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John can you tell me - is the issue the diameter of the base of the SNS grill is larger, and the rotisserie wants to sit inside, rather than lap over the lip of the bowl? And I imagine the top doesn't fit the rotisserie ring either?

I personally think that SNS decided to make the kettle diameter slightly larger to make their "Easyspin" grate spin easier. I've noticed that there is a lot of grate slop in my SNS Kamado, which rests on 4 tabs on a stainless ring that sits in the top.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        And I find the amount of grate "slop" on the SNS Kamado almost excessive. I've done the easy spin thing before using it, and had the grate drop a little and get caught on one of the "ears" on the ring that holds the grate in the top of the kanmado. No spinning going on then at all, and being a hot grate, I was done for that cook. I rarely spin my grate anymore in fact.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris I’ll take some pics of it showing the actual fit, along with some commentary.

jfmorris The main issue with the Weber rotisserie ring fitting on the SNS kettle is the difference in their respective diameters, as you mentioned. The bottom of the ring where it sits on the top of the SNS kettle is too small, by maybe 3/4” or so. As you can see in the pictures, the Weber ring will not cover the top of the SNS kettle. In addition to the lip of the rotisserie ring not fitting over the top of the kettle, there’s a visible gap which extends about halfway around the kettle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A029BB0A-1D33-45D9-8629-28FAE33EC98F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	1225816

Click image for larger version  Name:	1D20864F-E284-4706-A628-2B625F2F2EE6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	1225815

The lid of the SNS kettle can be made to rest level on top of the Weber rotisserie ring ok, but I don’t think it would be leakproof.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EF858FD8-3CE3-4B0F-806E-749C9BCAD5C1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1225817
      Notice the gaps at the bottom of the ring in above picture.

I don’t know if your grate tabs problem of not being level is intentional, or just a factory defect. I just checked mine and all 4 tabs are level on my kettle and the grate spins easily.

Last edited by Panhead John; May 24, 2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        These pictures show what I expected to see. Thanks.

My grate tab issue when spinning is on the kamado, not the kettle, and the issue is that on their kamado, the grate tabs are on a ring that is not a complete circle, but somewhat loosely fits on a ledge in the kamado. When spinning, the grate can catch on the 2 ears where the ring ends. I'll have to take a picture to explain what I mean. If the grate were a little tighter to the body of the kamado, this would not be possible.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here