Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of Onlyfire’s multi skewer rotisserie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of Onlyfire’s multi skewer rotisserie.

So at Panhead John ‘s request and Attjack causing my pockets to get a bit lighter. 😁 I guess I’ll be the Guinea pig here. 👍
    I received the Onlyfire rotisserie only fire Shish Kabob Skewers Set with Stainless Steel Ring, Automatic Rotating System with Motor for Weber 22 1/2 Inch Kettle and Other Similar Kettle Charcoal Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KRNGC2R...ing=UTF8&psc=1 on Tuesday and finally got to test it out Friday night.
    They packed it with styrofoam panels. A good thing if they weren’t all broken apart. No biggie. Everything was intact and in good condition.
    The ring itself is sturdy. Only where you lay the skewers down at the handle side is a little flimsy, but not bad at all. It also sits quite secure on the kettle, which is nice. Also the kettles lid sits on top pretty well, but not perfect.
    The motor is battery powered, 2 D batteries.
    The driving mechanism seems to be very sturdy and is a lot heavier than I expected.
    Very easy to assemble.
    It comes with 7 skewers of which 3 are a lot thicker, they say for heavier foods, I could see it holding a whole chicken. But it doesn’t come with any tongs to hold it in place. It would have been nice if they included 7 rollers instead of just 3.
    I’m sure I’m leaving out something here. Great being half brain dead. 😁

My first cook was a batch of wings. Rubbed and dry brined 24hrs.
    Wasn’t sure how to run the fire so I laid a bed of KBB on the lower grate and lit up a full chimney of FOGO. Spread that over the KBB and waited about 5min for everything to get going.
    The unit runs fairly smooth 👍 For this cook I used the thinner skewers. They worked fine for this cook. Only thing is the thinner skewers flop over a bit as it’s rotating. Not a big deal. I’m sure the thicker ones wouldn’t do that but I haven’t tried them yet. Also the tips of the skewers are not sharp at all. I ground the tips to make them more pointy.

Overall the cook went well. But I gotta play with fire management some. Think the fire was too hot as I couldn’t reach over the pit to baste the wings. Yes I have a few less hairs on my hand now 😂 And the wings were done in about 20min. Usually with the Vortex is a 40min cook.

Final thoughts so far is I like it. Learning curve? Yes. But we all know that about all cookers and Accessories.
    Don’t know how long the batteries will last but keep a spare set around and there’ll be no worries.

I’m gonna reach out to Onlyfire and see if I can get more rollers.

If you’re looking for a rotisserie for a kettle. I do recommend this unit. But only time will tell as too how durable it is.
    Now the pics. The first one is quite funny from the instruction manual. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1208606 Click image for larger version

Name:	F1F896D7-369B-4F73-BCD2-AE665516B95B.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1208607 Click image for larger version

Name:	2960551E-FA2B-4343-B727-C34074327131.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	1208610 Click image for larger version

Name:	E59AEEDA-18C3-4D34-B338-BF4E9994EBDB.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1208611 Click image for larger version

Name:	3B97340B-1C25-4844-B1A5-BE12C9F6F15B.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1208608 Click image for larger version

Name:	2674A818-64DA-4FF9-8FAE-0C2446AC31A0.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1208609

Pics of it in action. Click image for larger version

Name:	8F62B72E-018C-4E4E-A6E8-82A75403BA85.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1208614 Click image for larger version

Name:	A7556C45-C8C5-4B83-A59B-1BEBAD45BB87.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1208615 Click image for larger version

Name:	41997430-7B94-4812-BFFA-EF94899D6F5C.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1208616
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F7DB246-5467-4A94-BFF7-75CD2E9DABC9.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1208620

Comment

Thanks. That answers my question about if the skewers sit on the holes or not. Looks like they do for the thinner ones at the handle end only. Right?

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. That’s why I wanna see if I can get more of those rollers.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup pkadare that’s pretty much my only complaint so far. Not sure what they were thinking about that.

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it. That is weird.

See you didn't read instructions carefully, "Use only indoors".
        Wings look awesome and the wares look to be doing the job.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. I kinda did a double take when I read that. I’m hoping that’s a misprint. 🤦🏼

Steve, I can’t believe that they would ship those out without rollers for all the skewers! I know you said it worked ok and they flopped around a bit, but still. When you call or email them, I’d ask them if that was a mistake…. or intentional. I just can’t picture why they wouldn’t have rollers for a smoother ride. Anyway, curious to see what they say. And damn, those wings look killer! Good job. Oh by the way, why in the hell didn’t you bring the grill inside? It clearly states "For indoor use only" ……geez man.
        Last edited by Panhead John; April 17, 2022, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Panhead John I tried. But the wife kinda put a nix on that idea.
          Last edited by Steve B; April 17, 2022, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Show her the user manual. She should be thrilled that you actually read and want to follow the directions

Thanks for this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here