Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wonderful sister bought me a knife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wonderful sister bought me a knife!

It’s a Lamson 8” Chinese vegetable cleaver! I’ve never heard of this brand, but research shows that they are American made and have been in business close to 100 years. Reviews of the brand are generally favorable.

It’s a shape that I’m not used to, but I’m fast becoming familiar with it. It’s thin and lightweight, and fits easily in the hand. My particular knife is plenty sharp right out of the packaging, passing the soft tomato test easily.

Thanks, sis!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FD28111F-88DE-419D-B4F1-A9F0267FA9CB.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	975351

Wow. Nice gift. Now that is a knife!
    Last edited by DavidNorcross; January 17, 2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll sell you a w.

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Sold!

I've always wondered what I would do with a cleaver. I see folks use them on TV, but I kinda like my fingers.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      The only part that is hard is that your hands are on different level, so to speak. Otherwise it’s a breeze. Cut strips, turn 90*, and then use a rocking motion. This isn’t a heavy bone cutter, it is very thin and surprisingly light.

• Loren
      Loren commented
      Editing a comment
      Cleavers (at least the Chinese styled one's like this) are pretty versatile; think of it like a mix between a thin chef's knife with extra weight and a board scraper for scooping product 🙂

When nothin' else will do the job, it's time to Leave it to Cleaver!

(Go about 48 sec in.)

Comment

You mean we actually stole something from the Chinese? Touch'e

Comment

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Noodles, gunpowder, fireworks.

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
      It’s a Lamson 8” Chinese vegetable cleaver! I’ve never heard of this brand, but research shows that they are American made and have been in business close to 100 years. Reviews of the brand are generally favorable.

It’s a shape that I’m not used to, but I’m fast becoming familiar with it. It’s thin and lightweight, and fits easily in the hand. My particular knife is plenty sharp right out of the packaging, passing the soft tomato test easily.

Thanks, sis!

Name:	FD28111F-88DE-419D-B4F1-A9F0267FA9CB.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	975351
      I have a similar knife of the same brand - Lamson. I've been using it for a few years now and I'm very happy with it. I bought it through Amazon.

So congratulations on your great purchase!

Name:	maxresdefault (15).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	975846

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here