Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoshihiro knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshihiro knives

This link is to my favorite knife. I own a full complement of Japanese knives. This one has a western style handle. The steel is amazing.

The review by Big Easy is mine. I stand by every word.
    Yoshihiro is a great company. I highly recommend them.

Yoshihiro Cutlery is a company specializing in handcrafted premium Japanese kitchen knives. Gyuto Santoku Nakiri Usuba Yanagi Sujihiki Kiritsuke Honesuki Takobiki Deba Kenmuki Mioroshi Saya Cutting Boards Whetstone Moribashi Chopsticks Blue Steel White Steel Stainless Steel VG-10 Ginsan Suminagashi Damascus Honyaki

Thanks fo the post...do u have the 8.5?

Comment

• Big Easy
      Big Easy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the 9.5

Looks like a great knife if you care for it. I'm looking for a new set of knives that will fit my large hands. Even with a proper knife grip, my knuckles still get in the way with our Henckles knives. What is your experience with this brand?

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Most Japanese gyuto knives, (similar to a chef's knife), have a taller blade than European chef's knives. That means there is more space between the bottom of the handle and the counter. Since you have big hands, a gyuto should work well for you. Just look for one with a tall blade.

• Big Easy
      Big Easy commented
      Editing a comment
      I started with one. I bought some in the super blue carbon steel. As long as you wash dry, and oil them after use, they are great. I now have 10 of their knives. They supply the oil with the carbon steel knives.
      I have huge hands. I need an XXL surgical glove. The Japanese knives are perfect for me.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here