Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoshihiro knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshihiro knives

This link is to my favorite knife. I own a full complement of Japanese knives. This one has a western style handle. The steel is amazing.

The review by Big Easy is mine. I stand by every word.
    Yoshihiro is a great company. I highly recommend them.

https://www.echefknife.com/product/y...kawood-handle/

Thanks fo the post...do u have the 8.5?

Comment

• Big Easy
      Big Easy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the 9.5

Looks like a great knife if you care for it. I'm looking for a new set of knives that will fit my large hands. Even with a proper knife grip, my knuckles still get in the way with our Henckles knives. What is your experience with this brand?

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Most Japanese gyuto knives, (similar to a chef's knife), have a taller blade than European chef's knives. That means there is more space between the bottom of the handle and the counter. Since you have big hands, a gyuto should work well for you. Just look for one with a tall blade.

• Big Easy
      Big Easy commented
      Editing a comment
      I started with one. I bought some in the super blue carbon steel. As long as you wash dry, and oil them after use, they are great. I now have 10 of their knives. They supply the oil with the carbon steel knives.
      I have huge hands. I need an XXL surgical glove. The Japanese knives are perfect for me.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis