Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your PtMaster carry-on, EDC gear? And what is just laying around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your PtMaster carry-on, EDC gear? And what is just laying around?

Hi,

I am sure that many of us have collected a lot of accessories, tools and gadgets.
    And during the time found a practical combination in a minimalist and safe style.
    Realising that many, and sometimes more, stuff is just collecting dust.

Hoping to bring my skills on the road soon (COVID19 restrictions), the following gear will be my gear kit;

Carry on;
    - leather apron with crossed back lashes.
    - Carabiner barista towel.
    - Old Hickory butchers knife, as it is versatile and available with a nice sheath(something which is strangely hard to find with Chef knives) to avoid having it laying around with children.
    - MK4 probe for measuring and poking.
    - Boker Gourmet 2 pocket knife.
    - A belt with MP3/Spotify player and temp range alarms for cooking chambers. Playing correct ambient music on my;
    - 2x (126 dB!) @SoundBoks speakers.
    - Petzl headtorch.
    - A sun hat with neck shield.
    - Might add some old-skool wrist sweatbands.
    - Sharpening pin.

Near the pit;
    - Heat gloves.
    - Tongs.
    - 2 hand garden soil scrapers for moving pieces of meat.
    - Alu foil rolls.
    - Amazing Ribs Magnet and certificate ;-).

Near the sink/pit;
    - Rubber and cotton gloves.
    - Sanitizers and disinfection liquids
    - Paper roll.

My biggest dust collectors;
    - Numerous bottle openers. They nowadays seem to be a must have 'additional' functionality on whatever product you buy. While I prefer cans for space saving reasons and open bottles with any lighter, knife or even a sheet of paper.

Please post your personal kit and dust collectors. It would be appreciated if you just copy template below and add.

Thanks!

***** TEMPLATE; JUST COPY, PASTE AND ADD TO TEXT BELOW *****

Carry on;
    -

Near the pit;
    -

Near the sink/pit;
    -

My biggest dust collectors;
    -

Last edited by PuraLena; May 17, 2020, 08:42 AM. Reason: Corrected my autocorrect spelling dictionary from thongs to tongs. Probably used the word thongs too often...

Love this. Thanks for sharing. Thongs? Not sure about that one though

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, well spotted. Guess I have to revise my spelling check dictionary. And delete some often used words.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here