Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first knives

Here are my original Forschner knives that I used in the late 60's and am still using today. 12", 10", 8" & 6". I've sharpened the 6" one so much, the blade width is less than 1/2 of what it used to be. 55 years and still going strong. I took the pic on an 18" x 24" disposable cutting board, that I've been using lately. I really like them for cutting and seasoning stuff, because the clean up is really easy. I've been buying them from Butcher BBQ and they are less than a dollar a piece. I would like to buy these wholesale, so we could stock them in our Ace Hardware stores with our own logo. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is and what their contact site might be? Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_558.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	820433
    Last edited by wrgilb; March 25, 2020, 05:45 PM.

Love that breaker at the top. Kinda remind me of old hickory knives.

Comment

• wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      Back in the day the chain stores, Safeway, Albertson's etc. got their beef in 1/2's & 1/4's, and that breaking knife got plenty of action to break it down and get cuts ready for the counter.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      I need a new one.

Beautiful. Good quality - and good care! - will last a lifetime!

Comment

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com would be a great place to ask if no one here can help.

Comment

Forschner is the surname of the guy that imported Victorinox knives into the U.S.
        So I would start there if you haven’t found your answer.

Yes, I know this is months old...but sometimes that’s what happens when one goes down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Looks to be a Cut Above!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here