Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knife Sharpner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Sharpner

I wanted to give a shout out to Kathryn, fzxdoc. I was in one of the local restaurant supply stores a couple of weeks ago, and I asked the guy at the counter about knife sharpners. I have not been able to bring myself to get a Ken Onion work sharp - it has great reviews, but there are other things I want to spend $100 bucks on (like Steve Raichlen's useless beer can roasting rack (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...en-shots-fired - not a hundred bucks, but a start). He directed me to the back of the store, and low and behold, they had a sharpener similar to this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sharpener.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	723239
    I remembered seeing this in a post about Cutco knives from Kathryn so I picked one up. Took it home, tried it out on an old steak knife that has been dull for years and a couple of strokes sharpened it enough to cut right through a tomato! Thanks for the heads up, Kathryn - another win courtesy of one of my AR sisters!!!

I've had mine for almost 20 years. Replacement blades are available as an"add on" item at Amazon.

Comment

I'm so happy that you like that little knife sharpener, klflowers . I've given them to each of our daughters and to some of our friends too. The scissors sharpener is pretty good too, but I don't use it for my good sewing shears.

I don't use the sharpener on my Shun knives, but the Cutcos get a sharpen as needed.

Kathryn

Comment

I have something like that that I sharpen my lawnmower blade with.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Really? What is it? I have a grinder I use to sharpen those, and it is a pain just to put on the PPE I use to grind - googles, gloves, long sleeves - I am kind of a klutz, and without all that stuff I could see myself hurting myself pretty badly...

I can’t remember where I got it from but it looks just like the knife sharpeners you posted but it is larger and "beefier".

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          OK. I'll see if I can find something like that. I am tired of the grinder.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here