Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a new custom made knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a new custom made knife

So, out of the blue one of my very best friends custom makes a knife for me. He was thinking I use it for trimming and de-boning, but given the stiffness, width and length of the blade I think I will use it as a slicer. Either way, the handle is made of two types of wood: Ziricote (or Ciricote) is the dark one. The lighter colored wood is Masur birch.

He custom fitted it for me, meaning the handle is slightly larger/thicker than normal, since I have big hands. I think it is really cool, and I'm very grateful for this gift. What a guy! I look forward to slicing some briskets and ribeyes with this one. It measures 35 cm (13 3/4 in) from end to end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife-1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	657689

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife-2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	657688

Decorative knives are nice but there's really nothing better than a beautiful working blade. Congratulations!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

"Sharp" lookin' knife.

Comment

Beautiful! That's a good friend. You probably need to cook him a brisket! Enjoy that knife.

Comment

Nice lookin' knife. Robin Dalman is a great Swedish knife maker in case ever look for more knives.

Comment

So cool!!!

Comment

Seriously impressive! What a gift.

Comment

So it’s about an 8.5” blade? Seems large for a boning knife.

Looks freaking Awesome!! I need some friends like yours. 😃 Mine just drink all my beer and eat all my food.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I will use it as a slicer instead. He’s obviously great at making knives, but not so used to how and when to use ‘em. And you need to find better friends;-) Lol!

Very nice knife. The birch looks outstanding as a handle.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!

Great knives are always cool! That one is cool, plus the meaning behind it makes it priceless. 🕶

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly, this one will be with me til the end!

Sweet looking blade! (wish I had your friend...lol)

Comment

Wow that is so nice. My wife thinks it's weird that I sometimes give a knife as a present. I've got to show her this.

A good knife like that lasts longer than a lifetime. The work and care - you've a great friend there.

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I’m very grateful.

That handle is bad ass man! Why don't I have friends like that?

Comment

What is the blade made from?

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm, good question. Carbon steel, don't know the exact quality. But it sharpens easily. I like carbon steel for that reason. I have Japanese knifes too, they are good, but the blade is a lot harder.

The Masur Birch is beautiful. Nice knife, cool friend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here