Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter Knife on sale cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter Knife on sale cheap!

Just ordered one of these, been wanting something longer for briskets and such. If it matters, it is the one Franklin swears by.

Edit to add it is normally $41.60 on sale for $19.60

Ordered, thanks for the heads up _John_! Also picked up their 6" boning knife that I've needed for a long while now.

Folks, remember to use Meathead's Amazon Love Link to help keep the lights on http://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Comment

Awesome, just ordered mine!
      Thanks for posting!

Comment

Already had the boning knife now I will have the slicing knife. Thanks _John_

Comment

Now $18.46 for anyone interested. I got mine yesterday and it is so sharp if you hold it under water with the blade up nothing comes out but Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL

Well, it doesn't match my Wusthof knives, but for that price I just had to buy it. And of course I used the AR link.

Comment

Ordered it up. Thanks _John_ !

Comment

Mine is on the way too. Thanks _John_!

Comment

My arrived yesterday

Comment

I didn't see the boning knife you mentioned DWCowles when I ordered this but after seeing how sharp it was I had to get it. That thing will be awesome for when I'm cutting up a case or 2 of butts at a time.

Comment

Awesome thanks John.

Comment

My slicing knife and 6" boning knife came yesterday. Can't wait to use 'em. Wish it came with a better sheath.

Comment

• gcdmd
                        gcdmd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Check out Ace Mart for blade protectors of all sizes.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks gcdmd. Two knife blade guards totals $4.80....shipping alone totals $11.64, over twice the price of the goods. I think I'll look somewhere with reduced or free shipping!

• gcdmd
                        gcdmd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OUCH! I was actually thinking of one of their regular walk-in stores. I take it you don't have one near you.

As nice as the Dexter looks, I'll stick with my Henckels! Tried and true since I bought it in '02!

Comment

Thanks gcdmd I have mine in an old butcher block with about 3 inches of blade still exposed.

Comment

Fun fact: Dexter means "on the right" or "right-handed". This is where we get the word "dexterity" meaning skill with hands. Its left-handed counterpart? Sinister. The more you know!

Comment

• Huskee
                            Huskee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's cool! I always suspected my middle son was sinister, now I know, lol..

• _John_
                            _John_ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Huskee you can always tell the evil ones by the ink or lead all over the side of their hand.

• gcdmd
                            gcdmd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It sounds like they mis-named that series on the CSI guy who was a serial killer. Maybe it was an intended obscure reference to the Latin.

BTW, if you happen to look at your eyeglass prescription:

OD ………………… oculus dexter (the right eye)
                            OS ………………… oculus sinister (the left eye)
                            OU ………………… oculus uterque (both eyes)
                            Last edited by gcdmd; November 20, 2015, 10:50 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here