Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overview of Japanese knife types and how to use them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overview of Japanese knife types and how to use them

I found this on YouTube and thought I'd post it here for reference. It's a good video showing all of the different knife types of Japanese knives and how they're used. Note that there are annotations so you can scroll to the kind of knife you want information about.

That was excellent, thanks!

Comment

Good video, but you don't have to sharpen these yourself. However, not just any knife sharpener should sharpen these knives. Ya need someone who actually sharpens Japanese knives by hand.
      Last edited by RonB; January 29, 2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I skipped over the sharpening bit. You CAN sharpen them yourself with a couple of water stones - it's not hard. But yeah, if someone doesnt want to do that, get a pro who knows what they're doing, absolutely.

Thanks for the info, I was just looking at Japanese knives this morning, so I’m glad I stumbled over this post.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit. Please go to the introduce yourself topic so we will know a little about you, and how far along this smokin' journey you are.

Tell us about yourself, your cooking skills or lack thereof, your current cooking gear or lack thereof, and meet other Pitmaster Club members! This is a great second stop, the first stop being the "Help!" channel to learn your way around our forum, how to create new topics, share pics, and so on.

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        For more info that you'll ever likely need about J-knives... https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here