Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OXO Chef's Knife - no longer available on Amazon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OXO Chef's Knife - no longer available on Amazon....

Hi folks, I purchased an OXO Chef's knife a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with it. I was not familiar with the brand but the free site recommended it. By the way, I could not find any knife recommendations on the free site today??

Anyway, I want to buy one for a friend but Amazon indicates it is unavailable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a knife similar to the Oxo brand? No pitting, no discoloration, looks almost brand new and performs so well.

Victoranox! Same peeps who give you the Swiss Army knife. Very highly rated by America’s Test Kitchen. Good stuff!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      True, and the price is right.
      They work fine and last a long time.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      I have several. Love them.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said

Kind of on topic, after seeing a recent post about how to learn knife skills, I watched a few videos. I didn't know there
    was such a thing as a sausage, or apparently also called a tomato, knife. Trying to decide if I need one, or maybe it
    is kind of an MCS type thing.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Avoid gimmicky knives. Any very sharp knife will slice things like tomatoes just fine. There ARE of course, specialty knives but unless you do that thing (breaking down fish or poultry, etc) you can just use good basic knives.

Dexter -Russell is also a good option

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Second this. Relatively inexpensive, good quality and the kicker for me is the handle. GREAT for people w big beefy mitts like me.

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I love my DR knives....probably the best value in knives out there. If they are good enough for Aaron Franklin, they're good enough for me.

Oxo makes a lot of great kitchen stuff. I didn't know they made knives. But their web site says they are out of stock, so not surprising you can't find them on Amazon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here