Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

SOLD OUT! Secure your spot on our waitlist now. First-come, first-served!
Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
See more
See less

Holt Cow, Batman! How Many Instant Pot Versions Exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Willy
    Charter Member
    • Apr 2015
    • High Desert of the Great Southwest

Holt Cow, Batman! How Many Instant Pot Versions Exist?

My better half and I are considering buying an Instant Pot, hopefully this Black Friday. But, WOW, there are so many versions. What to choose?! Our thoughts are:

1) Bigger is "better"....so an eight quart model seems like of good choice-- more flexibility. There are just two us, so are there disadvantages to a larger size for a couple? We would definitely make large pots of things like chili and stew, but what about a small batch of, say, rice or some such?
    2) Are there any features that are, for most, superfluous? For example, we already have a sous vide with which to make yogurt.
    3) Anything we've missed?

Thanks for any and all comments/suggestions/recommendations and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Stay safe all!

ETA: I mean, the "Classic", the "Duo Nova", the "Duo Evo Plus, the "Ultra"... We're definitely not interested in WiFi capability, nor probably in air frying (willing to listen to contrary opinions), and, right now, the eight quart Duo Evo Plus looks good at $90, including shipping, but any comments are mucho welcome.

Last edited by Willy; November 25, 2020, 04:50 PM.
  • ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    Club Member
    • Jun 2018
    • Eastern NC
    • 2018 MAK 2 Star
      Charbroil Big Easy SRG

Only 2 of us and I don't remember if ours is 8 or 10 quart but I know there have been a few times where I wish it was bigger. Especially when making bone broth or stock. Used to make a lot of pulled pork with it, and there were times when the pork would fill it... but for most meals it doesn't matter how big. I heard the sous vide on the IPs is pretty much worthless because it's not consistent. We have the smart model, and while all the programs seem useful, in reality almost every recipe we do uses the meat/stew button and the only difference is time. I've used the rice button twice and it did a good enough job. They are great devices though!

Comment

• UncleSpike
      Club Member
      • Nov 2019
      • Alberta, Canada

We bought the 8 quart with lots of options. Wish it was bigger.
      Wife made lots of yogurt with it - works great.
      I've used the sous vide function a few times, but i loosely prop the lid on so it stays at a more consistent temp. That's my only sous vide option right now.
      I love it for making stews and soups. Great machines - especially for what they cost!

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        we have the 8 quart and air fryer. got it to replace a crock pot. we happy with it so far.
    • ssandy_561
      Charter Member
      • Apr 2015
      • Central OHIO

I do not have one but you might want to check Amazon right now. I know they have a lot of them around 40% off.

Comment

• rickgregory
        Founding Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Seattle, WA

I'm an IP contrarian. I make stew the old-fashioned way in a dutch oven and have an Anova for SV. The one thing I would use them for is pressure cooking and... not something I do. For rice... stovetop or, if you cook it a lot a rice cooker.

Comment

• UncleSpike
          UncleSpike commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Haven't figured out the rice function yet. Never turns out...
      • treesmacker
        Club Member
        • May 2018
        • Grants Pass OR
          • Rec Tec Trailblazer RT-340
          • O-Grill 600 Portable Grill with O-Dock
          • Cuisinart 360 Griddle
          • Ooni Fyra (coming soon)

Oh man... like you say, so many choices. We bought ours before wifi, or sous vide, or air fryer, or plus versions existed. It is just the basic 6 quart 7 in 1 version. This has been more than adequate for the two of us. I can't really imagine the advantage of a wifi version; it is pretty much set it and forget it, so why wifi?

Good luck with your choice!

Comment

• Texas Larry
          Club Member
          • May 2017
          • Wilson County, TX
          • Kamado Joe Big Joe 2
            Weber 22” Premium/SNS
            Weber Jumbo Joe/SNS
            JoeTisserie
            Thermoworks Smoke
            Thermoworks 2K Thermocouple
            Thermapen
            Thermapop
            Thermoworks Dash
            Too many gadgets, accessories, and tools
            Favorite beer: Alaskan Amber

We got the 8qt Zavor Deluxe recommended by America’s Test Kitchen. No regrets except a slightly clunky (to me) interface. Have made lots of stuff in it. I make yogurt regularly. Don’t look for golden crispy anything though.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            Founding Member
            • Jul 2014
            • My toys:
              Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (WSCGC) aka Mr. Fancypants
              Pit Barrel Cooker (which rocks)
              Weber Summit S650 Gas Grill
              Weber Kettle Premium 22"
              Weber Jumbo Joe Premium 22" (a weird little 22" kettle mutant on 22"-long legs) (donated to local battered women's shelter.)
              Camp Chef Somerset IV 4-burner outdoor gas range

Adrenaline BBQ Company's SnS, DnG and Large Charcoal Basket for WSCGC
              Adrenaline BBQ Company's Elevated SS Rack for WSCGC
              Adrenaline BBQ Company's SS Rack for DnG
              Grill Grate for SnS
              Grill Grates: five 17.375 sections (retired to storage)
              Grill Grates: six 19.25 panels for exact fit for Summit S650 gasser
              2 Grill Grate Griddles
              Steelmade Griddle for Summit gas grill

Fireboard Extreme BBQ Thermometer Package
              Fireboard control unit in addition to that in the Extreme BBQ Package
              Additional Fireboard probes: Competition Probes 1" (3) and 4" (1), 3 additional Ambient Probes. 1 additional Food Probe
              2 Fireboard Driver Cables
              Pit Viper Fan (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
              Pit Viper Fan new design (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
              Thermoworks Thermapen MK5 (pink)
              Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 (pink too)
              Thermoworks Temp Test 2 Smart Thermometer
              Thermoworks Extra Big and Loud Timer
              Thermoworks Timestick Trio
              Maverick ET 73 a little workhorse with limited range
              Maverick ET 733
              Maverick (Ivation) ET 732

Grill Pinz
              Vortex (two of them)

Two Joule Sous Vide devices
              VacMaster Pro 350 Vacuum Sealer
              Instant Pot 6 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
              Instant Pot 10 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
              Charcoal Companion TurboQue
              A-Maze-N tube 12 inch tube smoker accessory for use with pellets

BBQ Dragon and Dragon Chimney

Shun Classic 8" Chef's Knife
              Shun Classic 6" Chef's Knife
              Shun Classic Gokujo Boning and Fillet Knife
              Shun Classic 3 1/2 inch Paring Knife

I've used the IP Duo 6 quart for years for the two of us. Works just fine. Most recipes on the interwebs are written for 6 qt IPs.

That said, last year I bought the 10 quart one specifically for stocks and large batches of soup. Dewesq55 has one too, so hopefully he'll chime in here. It requires more liquid to start, which can be a problem when cooking for two.

I remember a post here from someone who bought an IP with the Sous Vide option. He tested it and reported that the Sous Vide temps were significantly inaccurate.

A lot of folks rave about the rice cooker option, but I've not had much luck with rice in my IP. I keep meaning to ask for tips about it here.

Remember that you can only fill an IP 2/3 full, so a 6 quart is really a 4 quart.

Bottom line: for the two of you, 6 quart is probably just right. Don't get the extra bells/whistles unless you research their accuracy/performance.

Kathryn

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!

• IowaGirl
              IowaGirl commented
              Editing a comment
              We have a 6 qt IP as well (well, it's hubby's and he lets me use it sometimes). It works well for dishes like eggs or soup or mac-and-cheese or spaghetti for 2-4 people. Another benefit is a smaller IP is going to be lighter and more convenient to store and use and won't take up as much space on the counter.

• tenphases
              tenphases commented
              Editing a comment
              I made it through 1 paragraph and ended up buying a 10 quart instant pot from Kohl's, smh; I'm weak

🤣
          • Thunder77
            Founding Member
            • Jul 2014
            • Halethorpe, MD
            • Weber 26.75" Kettle with SnS. Broil King Baron 5 burner. Akorn Kamado, and Akorn Jr kamado. Primo Oval Junior. Love grilling steaks, ribs, and chicken. Need to master smoked salmon Favorite cool weather beer: Sam Adams Octoberfest Favorite warm weather beer: Yuengling Traditional Lager All-time favorite drink: Single Malt Scotch

There approximately 75 varieties of Instant Pot. 😜😜
            We currently have two: a 3 quart, and an 8 quart. The 3 quart is great for rice and grains, or a very small roast. I also often use it to make hard cooked eggs. The 8 quart is used for everything else. I often wish that I had a 10 quart one, and a 6 quart one.

When considering size, keep in mind that for pressure cooking, you can only fill the pot 2/3 of the way full. So 6 quart size gives you 4 quarts for pressure cooking. For slow cooking, you can fill it up more.
            Last edited by Thunder77; November 26, 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oops, I just noticed that Kathryn already addressed the size and capacity issue. 😬
          • Dewesq55
            Founding Member
            • Jul 2014
            • The Poconos, NEPA
            • Smoker:
              Landmann Smoke Master Series Heavy Duty Barrel Smoker (COS) - With mods including 2 level rack system with pull-out grates
              Masterbuilt 40.2" 1200W Electric Smoker
              Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL 40" Vertical Propane Smoker

Gas Grill:
              BBQPro (cheap big box store model) Stainless steel 4 burnerswith aftermarket rotisserie.

Charcoal Grill:
              Weber Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill 14"

Thermometer:​​​​​​
              Fireboard 2 with Drive cable and 20 CFM fan and Competition Probe Package
              Fireboard 1st Generation
              ThermoWorks Mini Instant Read
              Lavaworks Thermowand Instant Read
              2 Maverick 733
              ThermoWorks IR-GUN-S Industrial Infrared Thermometer
              ThermoWorks ThermaPen Mk4 x 2
              Govee Bluetooth Thermometer with 6 probes

Miscellaneous:
              Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator - 1st generation
              Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator - wifi/bluetooth connected

Favorite Beer:
              Anything to the dark side and malty rather than hoppy. Currently liking Yuengling Porter and Newcastle Brown Ale. In a bar or pub I will often default to Guiness

Favorite Spirit:
              Bourbon - Eagle Rare for "every day"; Angel's Envy for special occasions, Basil Hayden's, Larceny

Favorite Wine:
              Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Super Tuscan Sangiovese (Including Chianti Classico Riserva) Brunello di Montalcino

Favorite Meat(s):
              Pork - especially the darker meat. I love spare ribs and anything made from shoulder/butt meat
              Chicken - Mainly the dark meat and wings
              Beef Ribeye steak

Favorite Cuisine to Cook:
              Can't list just one: Indian, Chinese, Thai, West Indian/Carribean, Hispanic/Latin American, Ethiopian, Italian, BBQ

Favorite Cuisine to Eat:
              Indian, followed closely by BBQ.

Disqus ID:
              David E. Waterbury

As Kathryn, fzxdoc said, I have a 10 QT Duo Nova, which I got last year. I really like it. I previously had the 6 QT Duo, which is now in the vacation home. I can't comment on the air fryer lids, since I don't have one. My new range has an air fryer mode, however. To me, pretty much every function of an IP is extraneous other than Pressure Cook. Although, apparently the yogurt function works well, but I haven't used it. When cooking normal recipes for just the 2 of us, ones with not enough liquid (3 cups) for the 10 QT, I just use the pot-in-pot method. For those who don't know what that is, you put a trivet in the bottom of your IP and enough water (you can use hot water which helps out get up to temp faster) to operates the pot in the inner pot of the IP. Then you put the recipe ingredients in another, smaller container (I use a stainless steel bowl) on the trivet and followed the recipe directions for cooking the food. I sometimes add a couple of minutes to the recipe when doing this.

As for rice, by which I mean white rice, I follow Melissa Clark's recipe in her "Dinner In An Instant" cookbook. 1 part rice to 1¼ parts water. High pressure for 10 minutes. Full natural release, remove lid, cover pot with a kitchen towel and set the lid back on loose for 20 minutes. I generally make only small amounts of rice at a time, so I use pot-in-pot for this, too. Supposedly the Rice function on the IP is only good for white rice and only if you like your rice cooked the way it's programmed for. I really never use anything other than manual (pressure cook), and have never used anything other than high pressure. I made about a gallon of turkey stock last night in my 10QT for stuffing, gravy and probably turkey soup. I just left it on Keep Warm all night and then stained it this morning into containers and into the fridge. That's one of my favorite "side effects" of using the IP for stock.
            Last edited by Dewesq55; November 26, 2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
              Club Member
              • Jun 2018
              • Mesa Arizona
              • SmokingSteve

Check out this thread: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...stant-pot-help

It has some good info. I bought my wife the Instant Pot - Ultra a couple of years ago. We got the 6 qt, perfect for the two of us. It has been great! Also bought her "The Instant Pot Bible" cookbook. We use the Ultra a lot, for a lot of foods. Everything from Zuppa Tuscana (homemade) to chicken bulgogi to red beans and rice to pulled pork and chicken and she has cooked pork chops in it too. I surprised her with it for that Christmas. She did not think she would like it, but fell in love with it right away. (We no longer own a slow cooker). Be sure to get the accessories too. They get used a lot.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                Founding Member
                • Jul 2014
                • My toys:
                  Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (WSCGC) aka Mr. Fancypants
                  Pit Barrel Cooker (which rocks)
                  Weber Summit S650 Gas Grill
                  Weber Kettle Premium 22"
                  Weber Jumbo Joe Premium 22" (a weird little 22" kettle mutant on 22"-long legs) (donated to local battered women's shelter.)
                  Camp Chef Somerset IV 4-burner outdoor gas range

Adrenaline BBQ Company's SnS, DnG and Large Charcoal Basket for WSCGC
                  Adrenaline BBQ Company's Elevated SS Rack for WSCGC
                  Adrenaline BBQ Company's SS Rack for DnG
                  Grill Grate for SnS
                  Grill Grates: five 17.375 sections (retired to storage)
                  Grill Grates: six 19.25 panels for exact fit for Summit S650 gasser
                  2 Grill Grate Griddles
                  Steelmade Griddle for Summit gas grill

Fireboard Extreme BBQ Thermometer Package
                  Fireboard control unit in addition to that in the Extreme BBQ Package
                  Additional Fireboard probes: Competition Probes 1" (3) and 4" (1), 3 additional Ambient Probes. 1 additional Food Probe
                  2 Fireboard Driver Cables
                  Pit Viper Fan (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
                  Pit Viper Fan new design (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
                  Thermoworks Thermapen MK5 (pink)
                  Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 (pink too)
                  Thermoworks Temp Test 2 Smart Thermometer
                  Thermoworks Extra Big and Loud Timer
                  Thermoworks Timestick Trio
                  Maverick ET 73 a little workhorse with limited range
                  Maverick ET 733
                  Maverick (Ivation) ET 732

Grill Pinz
                  Vortex (two of them)

Two Joule Sous Vide devices
                  VacMaster Pro 350 Vacuum Sealer
                  Instant Pot 6 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
                  Instant Pot 10 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
                  Charcoal Companion TurboQue
                  A-Maze-N tube 12 inch tube smoker accessory for use with pellets

BBQ Dragon and Dragon Chimney

Shun Classic 8" Chef's Knife
                  Shun Classic 6" Chef's Knife
                  Shun Classic Gokujo Boning and Fillet Knife
                  Shun Classic 3 1/2 inch Paring Knife

Forgot to say...

The slow cooker function on the Instant Pot is great because you can sear, saute, or brown ingredients as needed for the slow cook (like browning meat and sauteing onions for chili) in the Instant Pot and then let the chili cook on the Slow Cooker function for the rest of the day, if need be. With a Crock Pot you have to use extra pans/skillets for this. The IP on Slow Cooker mode heats the food up much faster than our 6 quart Crock Pot, scooting it through the 40-140° danger zone in record time.

Kathryn

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Club Member
                  • Sep 2016

I only use manual settings so all the bells aren’t needed. I got the 6 and the air fryer lid. Air fryer works but since you need space between items, it’s capacity limited. 6 is ok for quick pressure cooked meals.

For real stews and chili I use a 2nd gen stovetop 12-quart pressure cooker.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Administrator
                    • May 2014
                    • central MI, USA
                    • Follow me on Instagram, huskeesbarbecue

Want a free bottle of whiskey? Check out my link to Flaviar.com, you join with it, we both get a $50 bottle free.

Smokers / Grills
                      • Yoder loaded Wichita offset smoker
                      • PBC
                      • Grilla Silverbac pellet grill
                      • Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado (SnSK)
                      • Dyna-Glo XL Premium dual chamber charcoal grill
                      • Weber 22" Original Kettle Premium (copper)
                      • Weber 26" Original Kettle Premium (black)
                      • Weber Jumbo Joe Gold (18.5")
                      • Weber Smokey Joe Silver (14.5")
                      • Brinkmann cabinet charcoal smoker (repurposed)

Thermometers
                      • (3) Maverick XR-50: 4-probe Wireless Thermometers
                      • (7) Maverick ET-732s
                      • (1) Maverick ET-735 Bluetooth (in box)
                      • (1) Smoke by ThermoWorks
                      • (1) Signals by ThermoWorks
                      • Thermapen MkII, orange
                      • ThermoPop, yellow
                      • ThermoWorks ChefAlarm
                      • Morpilot 6-probe wireless
                      • ThermoWorks Infrared IRK2
                      • ThermoWorks fridge & freezer therms as well

Accessories
                      • Instant Pot 6qt
                      • Anova Bluetooth SV
                      • Kitchen Aide mixer & meat grinder attachment
                      • Kindling Cracker King (XL)
                      • BBQ Dragon
                      • Weber full & half chimneys, Char-Broil Half Time chimney
                      • Weber grill topper
                      • Slow 'N Sear Original, XL, and SnS Charcoal Basket (for Jumbo Joe)
                      • Drip 'N Griddle Pan, 22' Easy Spin Grate, and Elevated Cooking grate, by ABCbarbecue
                      • Pittsburgh Digital Moisture Meter

Beverages
                      • Favorite summer beer: Leinenkugels Summer & Grapefruit Shandy, Hamm's, Michelob Ultra Pure Gold
                      • Fav other beer: DAB, Sam Adams regular, Third Shift amber or Coors Batch 19, Stella Artois
                      • Fav cheap beers: Pabst, High Life, Hamm's & Stroh's
                      • Most favorite beer: The one in your fridge
                      • Wine: Red- big, bold, tannic & peppery- Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauv, Sangiovese, Syrah, etc
                      • Whiskey: Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, E.H. Taylor, Blanton's, Old Forester 1870, Elijah Craig, Basil Hayden's. Neat please.
                      • Scotch: Current favorite- The Arran (anything by them), Glenmorangie 12yr Lasanta, sherry cask finished. The Balvenie Double Wood, also like Oban 18yr, and The Glenlivet Nadurra (Oloroso sherry cask finished) among others. Neat please.

About me
                      Location: Farwell, Michigan- near Clare. (dead center of lower peninsula)

• Healthcare- Licensed & Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) for MidMichigan Health, a University of Michigan Health System.

We have the 6qt, and I think that was the biggest at the time. We have a family of 5 and it does fine for capacity. Sure, an 8 might be nicer, considering, but the 6 does just fine. Handy little buggers. I was resistant for a while but we think the features make it a very worthy kitchen appliance. My favorite thing to make in it is the egg bites, I recommend the accessory kit for those kinda things.

Comment

• blakerandy
                      Club Member
                      • Dec 2020
                      • Tucson,AZ

We bought the newest Instant Pot with the Sous Vide function and love it. We had the 8 qt before but I wanted the Sous Vide function and waited for Amazon to have a sale. Picked it up for $79.95 and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

SOLD OUT! Secure your spot on our waitlist now. First-come, first-served!
                      Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Meat-Up in Memphis

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear
                      The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill
                      The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker
                      The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker
                      The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Undisputed Champion!

thermapen
                      The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is considered by the pros, and our team, to be the single best instant read thermometer. The MK4 includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight and rotating display. Don't accept cheap substitutes.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

Grilla pellet smoker
                      We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5" x 29.5" footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.

Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Delta by Nuke,
                      Stylish and Affordable
                      Gaucho Grill

Weber Genesis Grill
                      Delta by Nuke burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This Argentinian grill will get your flame on!

Genesis II E-335
                      A Versatile Gasser That Does It All!

Weber Genesis Grill
                      Webers� Genesis line has long been one of the most popular choices for gas grillers. The new Genesis II E-335 offers solid performance, a sear burner for sizzling heat and an excellent warranty.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates
                      GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily rmoved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

PK 360 grill
                      The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

kareubequ bbq smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker
                      This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175? to 350?F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer
                      A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Track Up To Six Temperatures At Once

Grilla pellet smoker
                      FireBoard Drive 2 is an updated version of a well-received product that sets the standard for performance and functionality in the wireless food thermometer/thermostatic controller class.

Click here for our review of this unique device

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill
                      Napoleon's NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill
                      Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order