Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Xmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Xmas Present

As many of you know I recently had major back surgery (I'm recovering fine BTW) and will be having a difficult time with outdoor cooking for a good while. So Mrs. Troymeister (Linda) surprised me with this from Amazon a few minutes ago....So with my time off I have a whole new cooking tool to learn.... Pics to follow...Gotta love my wife...She is so cool!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2197.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	603621

Wow congratulations on the new cooking toy and a successful recovery from your surgery! Hope you continue with your recovery and show us some cooks from your new toy I'm kind of on the fence about getting one myself.

Comment

Congrats on the pot and the wife.

Comment

I have friend that has one. He’s quite a good cook. He seems to like it quite a bit. I don’t have one so I hate him. But then he doesn’t know squat about outdoor cooking and he loves my cooking so I love him. That’s a good wife you have there. So congratulations on both accounts. Now, I think I’m supposed to hate you because you have one and I don’t.

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Get one!

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol...You cracked me up..Lol...Does your friend hate you because you can cook outdoors and he cannot?...

It looks just like mine and I really like it. Just fill er up and sit back and recover back.

Comment

Originally posted by treesmacker View Post
          Get one!
          Ok. Good enough for me 😎

Comment

+1 for #3. We'll enjoy it together. I got mine a month ago on a sale & haven't opened the box yet - moving.

Comment

Sweet! Glad to hear you are healing up.

Comment

Congrats my bbq brother. As this new cooking vessel continues to gain popularity, I’m Soo looking forward to seeing how you use it and like it.
                And a double thumbs up for Linda. For helping with your MCS.
                And really glad you’re on the mend.
                Peace my friend. 👊👊

Comment

Dude, I do your breaded chicken once a month, and tonight I did your CI skillet chicken. I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with in the IP.

Comment

• troymeister
                    troymeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am patiently waiting for pics of your version...

Tell your wife thanks for taking care of you from me. It's always great to read your posts. BBQ or not, I know this will keep you cooking and posting. So she gets my gratitude. I also hope the recovery is going well.

Comment

Glad to hear you are recovering "fine." Enjoy the new toy!

Comment

that looks like a great way to cheer up from back surgery. I understand where you are. Radical Corpectomy, here, two weeks hospital, a week in rehab and months in a turtleshell. I COMPLETELY understand how you are feeling! This gives you a fun new adventure in your cooking! Be certain to share your new journey with us!!

Comment

Good news on your recovery. You have a wonderful Wife. Does this mean she has MCS?

Comment

Thank you all for all of your kind words....It really means a lot!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here