Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a little Instant Pot help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try a tincture instead of smoking. Same high without the lung burn.

The title said Instant Pot help. That's as quick as I can be.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well tell us about the tincture!

• wcpreston
      wcpreston commented
      Editing a comment
      Pot is legal here. So I can buy commercial stuff. I have a branded 1 oz. bottle of coconut flavored THC tincture. Each dropper is one "dose" of 10 MG of THC, and there are 30 doses in a bottle. Put it under your tongue, wait 60 secs, swallow.

Wait 10-15 mins. Smoking is faster but this is easier on the lungs.

It's hit or miss - some meals are faster using a regular cast iron enameled pot vs how many hoops they drag you through for the instapot. Split pea was pretty tasty and we had a decent Indian dish but honestly the flavors need to be adjusted for this device. So much flavor/texture is lost on this thing.

What it does well - rice (if you don't have a rice cooker), crockpot recipes if you have some, and bone broth. Yup - bone broth. This is something that if you had a native American tribe nearby they would wink at you without a tearing up. Why? Because you aren't throwing away parts that can be used. Pork ribs, chicken bones,, lamb, beef ribs - all get their bags and make great broth.

Tried ribs three different ways - yeah right. For the time I could do it with more flavor in a oven or grill.

**This is all based off one or two instapot cookbooks, adjusting existing recipes for it, etc.

And please if you nailed down one on this device... share.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget risotto! It masters it.

As with many new kitchen/BBQ toys, the more I use them, the more I tend to like them. For me the Instant Pot was an insta-hit.

So many recipes are done more quickly and more flavorfully in it. I routinely make a pot of beans (I'm a Rancho Gordo Bean Club member) a week and, with no soaking, can have the beans in the pot and out on the table in about 1.5 hours. Making quick Indian dishes from frozen chicken thighs has been a suppersaver on nights when I forgot to put something in the fridge to thaw. Hardcooking eggs is a breeze, resulting in eggs that are so easy to peel the shell often comes off in two halves. The resulting deviled eggs are a treat, and, with no pockmarks in the whites, are more company-worthy for an appetizer.

And EdF is right about the risotto. Yum!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here