Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request a review of The Meatstick wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request a review of The Meatstick wireless thermometer

I have just used a new product, The Meatstick, which is a wireless thermometer. I was looking for a thermometer to use on the rotisserie in my GMG Daniel Boone pellet grill. It's just a little hard to use a wired thermometer on a rotisserie. The wireless thermometer also allows me to keep the lid of the grill closed. I just received the Mini version and I have used the full size Meatstick once for pulled pork. I ordered the version with the extender to get the increased range. I was able to monitor the 10 hour cook from inside my house. I've attached three photos. Two show the Meatstick in a piece of pork I used for the cook (before and after the cook) and the other shows the app readout of the cook. The app shows the actual ups and downs of the pellet grill temperature which is averaged by the grill electronics. In my cook, the internal temperature of the meat matched the reading (several times) of my Thermopen MK4 thermometer. I wasn't too concerned about the actual grill temperature as it is controlled and averaged by the grill. I think this thermometer will be a useful addition to a cook's arsenal. You have the ability to do a good, comprehensive review of this thermometer. Thank you.

Monitor meat temperature on your phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi with The MeatStick smart wireless meat thermometer. Ideal for BBQ, smoking, grilling, and deep frying. Dishwasher safe with long battery life!

Attached Files

I used a Meater with much skepticism but it worked well. These wireless thermometers are so easy to set up and use as long as there are no software or wireless glitches. Just stick in the meat and turn on the app.

Comment

Hi Mark. Your wish was already our command- we do have a review of the Meatstick: https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...mometer-review

Thanks for your feedback, glad you're enjoying it!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        The price listed in the review is wildly different than the price on the website.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Attjack I will let Bill know

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, let Bill know that the link to the Meater Block review given in the Meatstick review is bad - it takes you to a basically blank page on the site. I had to search to find the Meater Block review.

As Huskee noted, we reviewed the Meatstick in 2019. Prices fluctuate constantly, so the price shown reflects the price at the time the review was published. I just checked the company's website, and it has the same price shown in the review. Note that the product comes in three configurations. I tested the fanciest one, priced at $179.99. Simpler versions are priced lower.
      Last edited by Bill McGrath; December 3, 2020, 09:38 AM. Reason: Added comments about the price.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense but so does revisiting the review when prices are cut in half. Seems to me that would have have a considerable bearing on the verdict.

Thanks, Huskee. I have the 2020 model (you tsted the 2018 model)and it matched temperature readings with a Thermapen MK4 several times during the cook. I used a 2 cell AA adapter ($13, Amazon) to power the extender for the full 10 hour cook. I also have the new Mini which is a smaller version The Mini matched the readings from the regular Meatstick. I am really enjoying the Pitmaster Club. The sheer amount of information and ready help from members is very helpful. The dues are well worth it. Thanks.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great idea, Mark. I'm going to convert my Maverick XR-50 base unit to run on AC with one. Which makes me wish the backlight could be permanently turned on.

I am looking at the Meatstick X versus the Meater Plus. Both seem very similar.

Comment

I just use my regular Fireboard with my rotisserie. It took a small bit of "Yankee engineering" but it works great. It monitors the temps of the meat and the cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
          I just use my regular Fireboard with my rotisserie. It took a small bit of "Yankee engineering" but it works great. It monitors the temps of the meat and the cooker.
          Hmm, as a (happy) Fireboard owner, begs the question - how did you setup to monitor the rotisserie?

Comment

Like this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190531_103936-01.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	966098

Name:	IMG_20190531_104009-01.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	966099

Name:	IMG_20190531_103949-01.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	966100

Name:	IMG_20190528_151012.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	966101

Name:	IMG_20190527_192223-01.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	966102

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here