Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ET-733 or IGrill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET-733 or IGrill

I know, age old debate. but what do you think?
    ET-733
    81.82%
    IGrill
    18.18%

Curious to know how many voters have owned both!

Comment

I am usually pretty meticulous about cleaning my probes, but the ones on the iGrill are junk. I gave the unit a good review, but after use they just don't cut it. The cords are this metallic braid which seems cool, but they get tied up like the Griswold family Christmas lights. I plugged in all 4 probes this weekend and put them in a ball of foil about a half inch apart. 2 were only a couple degrees off, one was 20 off from those, and the last was almost exactly 100 degrees too low. None of these probes have more than 10 cooks on them.

I love the interface, but that doesn't matter much if your temps are wrong.

Comment

The real issue is range. IT 733 has good reliable long range. iGrill is Bluetooth, range is short, and pairing is a pain.

Comment

I veto the ET-733 in favor of the less busy, less cluttered, simpler ET-732. I own 4. 2 of which I bought after the ET 733 came to market. I will never own a bluetooth device unless it's to play tunes in my vehicle. Just my $.02.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee,

Couple of questions:
            1. How many 732s can you use at one time on the same cooker?
            2. Can you use both probes on a 732 for just meat?

The only thing I really had preference on with the iGrill2 was the ability to use 4 probes.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nate, I've had 3 running at same time. The nice thing about them is they transmit the signal (from transmitter to receiver) in certain timed intervals, so as long as you sync each set separately they will never interfere with one another. And you naturally would anyway since you can only turn on one set at a time.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            And either probe can be used for meat or cooker temp, I've used the short blunt (cooker) probes in burgers and chops, and regularly use the longer meat probes for cooker temp. I just recommend you buy an extra set of probes, they're like light bulbs, you never know when one will fail.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here