Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a take on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a take on this?

Looking at getting a laser temp reader. Don't want to spend a lot. It gets good reviews and seems pretty versatile. Thanks.

Never heard of that one. Personally, I'd recommend this: https://www.thermoworks.com/IR-Gun

I've had one for several years and couldn't be happier.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have one as well. That is a great price.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I have one of those as well. The ultimate pizza gun. LOL
      I use it for pizza stones and checking griddle temps.
      If it's "on sale" it's a serious bargain IMO.

• painter
      painter commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the thermoworks.

That looks like a good deal to me, if if it's not, you are out less than 20 bucks.

Comment

They all come out of the same Chinese factory. Just be sure to keep in mind the limitations of non-contact IR thermometers and don't expect to get exact temperature readings.

Comment

Fakespot gives that particular one an F for quality of reviews.. I did purchase the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 one and I’ve been happy with it. Left it out in the rain once but after drying out continues to work well.

Comment

I looked at another from this Manu. Good reviews too. This seems to have a greater range. Thanks!

Comment

The Thermoworks IR that MBMorgan tbob4 and myself mentioned is currently on sale. :-)
            Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

I got one not on sale and would have no issues recommending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donw View Post
              Fakespot gives that particular one an F for quality of reviews.. I did purchase the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 one and I’ve been happy with it. Left it out in the rain once but after drying out continues to work well.
              Thanks for the input. I went with Donw suggested. Good reviews and for what I'm looking for should be OK. Amazon, free return no shipping cost. Love my Thermoworks products. If this doesn't work I'll go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
                Never heard of that one. Personally, I'd recommend this: https://www.thermoworks.com/IR-Gun

I've had one for several years and couldn't be happier.
                +1......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here