Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epicurious on Thermopens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epicurious on Thermopens

I found this interesting:

Yep have a MK 4 and wouldn't know what to do with out it.

Comment

I have their Thermodot, which is great, but I've seen enough Thermopen videos to see the advantage. I'm checking the Thermoworks site weekly to try to catch a sale.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone here normally posts when there is a sale.

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I hesitated too long. They had a big sale for fathers day. I am hoping they are going to do another one for the 4th of July. Sigh. Wont hesitate next time I tell you that.

I have a thermapen mk3 - works like a charm..

Comment

My Thermapen has increased my cooking ability more than any other gadget or technique I have ever purchased or learned. I can not recommend them high enough. Once I had mine I bought them as Christmas gifts for my dad, father in-law and brother in law. Mine is 4 years old and sill working great, but when it does die, I have my eye on the ThermapenIR. I own an IR gun but having them both in one unit would be great.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on # 3. I gave my first to my son. The second one melted when I tried leaving it sticking out of the top vent on the kettle - still worked though, but the innards were visible, so I felt it wouldn't last much longer. It didn't hurt that the MK 4 was new then.

I have many thermometers. The ones I trust the most are from Thermoworks (Thermapen, Smoke, ChefAlarm).

I’m probably not alone in observing that probes can be right next to each other and show different readings. Since I calibrate my probes yearly, it’s more likely that there are pockets of heat and less heat, in both roasts and cooking chambers, and they can be right next to each other.

Also, don’t be fooled by look-alikes. I bought a couple of the $5 probes of similar design; I don’t know where they are now.

Comment

I have a couple of Pops, a Dot and a Chef Alarm. Love them all.

Comment

I’m so sold on their importance I give them out as Christmas presents. Spread the love

Having said that, I still cook thinner cuts of beef and pork by time and touch. Didn’t have fancy gadgets when I first began grilling. Had to learn the hard way, through failure !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here