Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks 600D (as in Delta), upgrade to the RT-600C (as in Charlie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks 600D (as in Delta), upgrade to the RT-600C (as in Charlie)

I'll throw some pictures up in a bit for comparison purposes. Been looking for an excuse to get this dude and finally got it the other night.

1. I've had an RT-600C for about 6-7 years and this thing is da bomb. I find myself using it more than the Thermapen. I've changed the battery once. I had a ThermaPop and I must have gotten a dud cause it crapped out pretty quick with limited use and required at least two batter changes in that short time (<2 yrs).

2. I've been using an RT-600C everyday for almost 2.5 years at work. It is calibrated in ice water daily and hits the mark every time. Poor thing has been abused which is the fault of gravity, not mine. I think I've changed the battery twice. All the HACCP Tech's use one as well.

3. In today's thermometer world I wouldn't call 5-6 seconds superfast, however compared to the RT-600B (as in Bravo) it is much faster, but does not have the temperature range of the RT-600B. For cooking temperatures the RT-600B temp. range is not really needed (-58-572F.), hence the bronze rating from amazingribs.com.

4. The water resistant/waterproof rating is up from 5 (RT-600C) and 6 (ThermaPop), to a 7. The 5 and 6 ratings are resistant to weak jets and strong jets, respectively. The 7 rating with this 600D makes it waterproof to 1 meter.

5. Other upgrades from the RT-600C include a Backlight, Rotating Display, and 392F. max temp up from 302F. (this is significant when measuring cooking oil to ~350).

Pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190216_135724.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	636895Click image for larger version

Name:	1550349630216-728687338.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	636896

Comment

Thanks for the overview, Jerod! I also have been using a 600C for a number of years, and it's been great. Will have to think about whether it is time for an upgrade.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here