Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard info

So in an unrelated topic Spinaker posted a screen shot of one of his online sessions. It showed more info being displayed as it relates to the Drive. As I had just installed a Pit Viper in my kettle and did a test run with it and the Fireboard, I thought my display should be the same. It was not. So I did another quick test last night. I ran it everything for a couple minutes and then turned the unit off. Then I went inside with the laptop to view the session online and there all the info was!

Click image for larger version

Name:	displayed.PNG
Views:	198
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	579946

So today at work I wanted to look at that session again online and it now looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	not displayed.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	579947

You will also notice the session time is different even though the graphs are identical. So back and forth emails to Fireboard yielded this explanation:

"A few things to note here.. the session duration in the upper right is a simple timer that will begin counting when you open your webpage if the session is active (not closed). After 30 minutes of inactivity (not temps being pushed to our server), our system auto-closes the session, trimming the end time back to the actual last temperature log received. That explains why you saw 24 minutes (the session was still active, showing realtime data) then upon revisiting the session was closed, trimmed back to 6 minutes of actual temperature data. Additionally, realtime data (Set point, fan speed, mode, control channel, and temps) are only displayed if realtime temps/data are being received - otherwise, that data is visible in the archived chart."

So I just thought I would share this for any fellow overly detailed obsessed minds like me. It's a rough life, but it tastes a whole helluva lot better since I discovered The Pit!

Thanks for the info! Great to hear that you got this stuff figured out. I love being able to watch the cook from a far. Pretty handy!

Comment

For the next update, it would be cool if we could attach pictures to our sessions. That would be a cool perk. Adding a picture of the final product could really add something to the notes in your session notes.

Comment

I want to get a stand alone Data Logger 'cause I totally dig the graphs. I also think it would be cool to be able to post cook graphs and meat dimensions to give folks somewhat approximate cook times.

Dream Data Logger

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, those are really cool.

I asked a while ago that they let you turn on/off what curves to show in the summary graph for a session, past or present. If you could select the drive system also. And also chose which colors. I think they’ve been busy working bugs vs features.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here