Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xr 50 battery’s this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xr 50 battery’s this weekend

I change the battery’s in my Maverick XR 50 this weekend just because.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been wondering about your XR-50 batteries a lot lately.

Comment

Crap I clicked a link thinking it was a thread on AmazingRibs Pitmaster's Club and ended up on Facebook.... hate it when that happens...

I'm curious and confused though as to if the OP CHANGED the batteries this past weekend or if they are going to CHANGE them this coming weekend... and why they didn't wait or won't wait till the batteries need changed as opposed to just because? Was / Is the battery life for the XR-50 better or worse than expected? Like so many facebook posts this one creates more questions than it answers.

Comment

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        I change the battery because they were the cheap battery it came with. I don’t know how much life was left in them but they had lasted a long time and I had several long Cooks on them and had for got to shut it off several times. The old units would only last 3 cooks Maverick fixed their problems I’m 100% satisfied

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Fire Art thanks for the update. Glad the battery issues they were having seemed to be resolved I can keep this in my Christmas list now.

I’m several long cooks (and a few short ones) into mine and have some rechargeables ready. I really like the XR-50’s range and the 3” hybrid probes.

Comment

I love love the XR-50. This weekend I actually used the defective battery one also. I just pull the battery out when I’m finished. The only problem is the remotes will only link to one. Small deal.

Comment

Update, ABCbarbecue.com sent out a newsletter stating the 'sale' on the XR50 only runs through October 5th (this Friday). This appears to mean the price will rise $10 on or after Friday. FWIW Nate et al who are considering one.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Huskee... I just saw that... I may have to forward it to Santa Wife.... or just buy it... I've been good on purchases so far this year so I may just have to go for it.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here