Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Fireboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Fireboard

i just got my FireBoard tonight and just trying to get it set up...it will NOT connect to WiFi...any suggestions? Anyone else have a similar experience?

I did when I first got mine as well. If I remember it’s a setting in the unit. I called them and they were extremely helpful. The owner himself, forgot his name, answered the phone after hours and walked me through getting it set up.
    Once it was going there have been zero problems.
    It’s a great tool.

Comment

I’m not close to my fireboard but I fired up my app clicked on devices then cooking fireboard then it goes to device settings and then click on manage fireboard. When I did that it said to get into Bluetooth range, which I’m not. Maybe this will help. Also have your phones Bluetooth on. Also check for app updates. Hope this helps
      Click image for larger version

Name:	F7397E75-F19B-43AC-87DB-378DF4918C7A.png
Views:	131
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	520194

Name:	62D82F7B-CC1A-4096-B0FB-D3B7E60605B2.png
Views:	114
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	520195

Name:	B745F9EE-49DD-4D52-B266-90274F537662.png
Views:	154
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	520196

Comment

I think you have to have your FB and your phone hooked up via bluetoof, then it should connect to Wee-Fee.

I've been using mine this week to monitor the temperature in the master bedroom while our AC was out and I had a portable AC running in just the bedroom. It always seems like the bedroom is hotter than the rest of the house and takes forever to cool off at night, too... so it's been an interesting experiment. It's stayed connected to the wi-fi for a week solid now.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          My question is does Wee-Fee connect you to the wild world of the Interweb???

• Buck Flicks
          Buck Flicks commented
          Editing a comment
          Like you wouldn't believe.

Yeah I ended up connecting to the 2.4 Ghz instead of the 5 Ghz signal and it worked. No idea why but it did and I'm satisfied!

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you got hooked up.
          Now that you said this, I believe that is what I had to do as well. You’ll be good to go now.

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          That's interesting, I wonder if it's something in the programming?

I find that my 5gHz signal is less reliable than the 2.4, and doesn't reach as far. It's faster, for the devices in the same room as the the router. Anything not in that room connects to the 2.4.

Comment

And if you have an Amazon device enable the Fireboard skill. Great for an overnight cook. Nothing like rolling over in bed and asking Alexa what the temps are; then rolling back over and going back to sleep.

Comment

You can also contact there customer service and they can diagnose many problems online or over the phone. They are great people. I was having trouble with an update and they got it fixed in about 5 mins, online.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here