Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy: ThermoWorks Industrial Infrared Thermometer Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toy: ThermoWorks Industrial Infrared Thermometer Gun

Seems cool. Looking for things to use it for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Infrared.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	50344

I used mine for finding out just how hot something was that already burned me...

Comment

I think it'd be fun for the dashboard or leather seats in summer time.

Comment

They are great for determining the temp of your pizza stone/baking steel before using.

Comment

That's the kind of thing I got it for.

Comment

I bet you DEW used it on that beer....

Comment

Lol. I really wish I had thought of that!

Comment

I love mine

Comment

Got mine for measuring the temperature of grill grates before searing steaks. I've measured the temp of the Jambo pellet fire burning full out (1350*)

Comment

What kind of temps do you see on the grill grates when you're searing?

Comment

• CandySueQ
                      CandySueQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Around 600 -- I do the AR thin steak method, marks on one side, griddle the backside.

I originally got mine to check temperatures on the heat diffuser of my Yoder YS 640. I now use it for checking temps while preheating the pizza stone. A nifty little tool.

Comment

I have the same unit DEW and it is a great tool. It shows me that my oven thermostat is way off or even broke. I will be replacing it soon. I get accurate readings on items I have in the oven, in a sauce pan ( I stir it first), on my stove top griddle, plus all my outside kitchen appliances, and I am finding so many things with it. I used it when making ice cream to tell me i was getting close to the freezing point. It along with my Thermopens makes me a really dangerous guy in both of my kitchens.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here