Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can both Maverick probes ports act as meat thermometers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can both Maverick probes ports act as meat thermometers?

If I have two meat probes are both ports capable of the same temperature range?

I believe so.

Comment

I don't have a Maverick any more, but It just measures the temp wherever the probe is placed. So I do think that will work. Just checked the Amazon listing and it said you can monitor two meats or two grills.

Comment

Great. So since I now have a BBQ Guru DX2 I can use it to monitor the pit temp, and a cut of meat. Then I can use the Maverick to monitor two other cuts. Pair that with my baby monitor WiFi solution, and I have a three probe WiFi enabled meat thermometer system. Sounds like I need to plan a multi meat cook to test it out.

Comment

Wow. Why didn’t i think of that. I’m just a dumb cook. My kettle is a dialed in machine and the pit temp probe only serves to make me feel like a boss.

adverse weather excluded.

nice call, duh!!

Comment

Each Maverick ET-732/733 probe can do either meat or ambient.

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              +1

You can probably do so but I don't think the shape is ideal. I would buy a second food probe and plug it in.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I asked if the ports were both capable of the same temperature range. I do have two food probes already.

Yes, same ranges, at least in the scope of cooking as we do. Or are you referring to the alarm settings when you mention "ranges"? As far as physical use, many times I use the short blunt "cooker" probe for burgers/chops because the longs ones are too long in a crowded grate. Only difference probe-wise is shape, they'll work the same.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              No I'm referring just the thermometer. Oddly I've never used the alarm settings, but have enjoyed them on the digiQ. Good tip on the blunted probe. I'm going to start doing that. I burned up a meat probe once and bought 2 to replace it. So I have 2 meat probes and a BBQ probe on hand.

The Maverick smoker alarm can be set for high and low temps while the food alarm can be set for high only. It took me a few years to get the idea to plug the meat probe into the smoker side of the transmitter. This allowed me to set a low temp alarm for the meat being held in the faux cambro.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome.

Yes, and if you go with 3rd-party probes you get even more versatility

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I knew about this when i reordered. Replacements we're spendy from Maverick.

• OSB
              OSB commented
              Editing a comment
              I use these probes with my 732 and 735. They work as good as the Maverick ones. With that said i am looking into the Fireboard as I just really like the set up and features especially the ability to add a fan for overnight cooks.

Originally posted by MeatMonster View Post
            You can probably do so but I don't think the shape is ideal. I would buy a second food probe and plug it in.
            Your good to go then!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here