Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGrill 2: How to obtain pit temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iGrill 2: How to obtain pit temp?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about picking up an iGrill 2 to monitor the pit temp of my Weber kettle. Weber says that the probes should not touch the grate. The probes do not come with a clip. How are you attaching the the probe to obtain the pit temp? Are you just letting it free-hang from the top vent?

I punch mine through a wine cork.

Comment

I use a probe tree: https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?Cat...3&ProductId=55

You can also use a small ball of foil, a potato, onion, etc. The cork Dick Anderson mentioned works well too.

Comment

• GarySloan
        GarySloan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I've never seen one of these until now. Not sure what shipping costs are on BBQ Guru, but you can get it on Amazon Prime (through bbq guru) for an extra $2 and it will ship in 2 days, plus have Amazon's return policy if it falls apart.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        GarySloan now that you mention it, I believe I did buy it from Amazon along with another item or 3. I think the idea may have come from Jerod Broussard originally.
        Last edited by Craigar; May 3, 2018, 01:21 PM.

I have an iGrill2 and the ambient probe did come with a clip. It shows it in this bundle on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/iGrill2-Compl...ywords=igrill2

I've also seen after-market clips for the ambient probes.

Comment

• GarySloan
        GarySloan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks... I gotta remember to look at Amazon for everything. They have usually have more photos than the actual manufacturers!

Probe clips

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here