Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got these bad boys today :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got these bad boys today :)

Good Ole' Maverick ET-732. Because I can't afford a Fireboard, and I am blessed enough for Dealer cost!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	29251098_10211694973352340_500475544_o.png
Views:	105
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	470907

Now to save up for a thermapen.. (Or thermapop when I get impatient with saving for a thermapen..)

Ahhhhhhhhh, more stuff! Good!

Comment

• Keltonfoss
      Keltonfoss commented
      Editing a comment
      The bug is hitting me hard this spring. Just picked up 160 lbs of pellets as well. I started with 120 and went back for another 40 lbs.. Just when I think I'm set.. I find more gear..

Congratulations. They served me well for over four years.

Comment

Mavericks are very good thermometers. Just don’t let any water get in where the cable enters the probes.

Comment

DWCowles It seems like every time I do a long smoke, it rains or snows at some point.. I have been looking at ideas for making a permanent cover over both my grills like a gazebo for when I do cooks in the winter/spring. Will probably buy one that we sell thats around 8 ft tall, and do some modification to it so that I can hang tarp or some sort of siding for winter months/ When its rainy to at least cover them a bit. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that yet though.

Comment

Wait until you can afford the thermopen.
          Believe me it’s worth the extra cost.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B, Keltonfoss,@bardsleyque, Steve You Said a Mouthful❗️
            Kelton I've Owned Eunice for Nie on 44 Years, Like Your Wife Somehow
            She's Promoted Herself to Boss❓ About 4 Yrs Ago I Ordered a ThermoPen Classic (With Out Permission)❗️ SHE USES IT MORE THAN I DO‼️❓❓❓ 🤗😇🤗 Dan

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, She Who Is In Charge sometimes bursts the MCS bubble

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Keltonfoss Danjohnston949 Troutman I guess I'm a lucky one. My wife has no say in what I buy as long as the bills are paid.

I got a cure for that snow problem: move south! Haha.

The grill gazebo is a great idea and useful year round.
          Last edited by jfmorris; March 22, 2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            The northern Rockies are amazing. I wouldn't want to leave either!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Met my wife in Alberta and honey mooned in Baniff at Lake Louise. I love the Northern Rockies.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            I got sent on a business trip to Calgary one time, and I spent the weekend skiing up in Banff at Sunshine Village. Not having packed for it, I was wearing jeans, a leather jacket and my ray bans. I bought gloves and socks, and just made it a point not to fall down in the snow! It was end of season, so was pretty warm at that point. I'll never forget it.

The 732 is a nice unit. esker to use than the 733 in my opinion.

Comment

Congrats! The 732s remain my favorite choice for cost to results. The Smoke is built beefier and connects faster, but in the end it still only tells you 2 temps. The Maverick does it for less! I love my Mavericks. If you need any help or tips just holler, this place is invaluable for that kinda thing.

Comment

ah yea, I got that bug in the fall, it looked like a pit under my Christmas tree, and since it all came from Santa, my wife didn't know I couldn't afford it!
              (work the "early birthday" angle.....)

Comment

Keep your eyes open for a deal on the thermapen. Close to Christmas last year I got the classic red one for $60 brand new from thermoworks.

Comment

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a good deal!

Nice grab! I was reading somewhere on how to prepare and stay within a budget. It was a long and informative read. It talked about things like determining what you "want" vs. what you "need". So I pondered all of it for a while and then decided right then and there to... Quit Reading!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen, Brother!

Too big for a comment:

"In the blue Canadian Rockies
                Spring is silent through the trees
                And the golden poppies are blooming
                'Round the banks of Lake Louise

Now, oh, how my lonely heart is aching tonight
                For that girl I left behind
                And, oh, what I'd give if I could be there tonight
                With the sweetheart who's waitin' for me

In the blue Canadian Rockies
                Spring is silent through the trees
                And the golden poppies are blooming
                'Round the banks of Lake Louise

Across the sea they call me
                And on and on a love so true
                For the blue canadian rockies
                And the one I love to see
                And the one I love to see"

- The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, 1968

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crud, missed my guess of "Th Lost Verses" from The Song of Hiawatha! LOL!

• Keltonfoss
                  Keltonfoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love this song. Although I'm a bit of a Rocky Mountain Way kind of guy.. haha

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here