Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermopen IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermopen IR

WooHoo!!

Can't wait to put it to the test!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	460332

Frozen Tri Tip. Just waiting waiting waiting for the SV bath one day very soon... Sometimes I just take this Tri Tip out and hold it closely. Measured up against the Fluke, the standard. Seems to work like a champ!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1421.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	460333

Nah, I'm sure it was just a fluke.

Sweet, I need another "pen" since mine was taken hostage by the kitchen.

Comment

Ha. MCS strikes again. Good buy

Comment

I’m going to wait for the two Thermopens that I have now quit working before I get another.

Comment

Just got mine today and will try tomorrow.

Comment

I see one of those In my future.
            Last edited by Attjack; February 26, 2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

So that's a IR as well as a probe? I could use that for measuring my temps on the flat top and the IT of the burger cooking on it? Well now that might just be darn handy to have around! Thanks lonnie mac!

Comment

I saw this the other day and immediately, in my head, started trying to justify the purchase... I have an original and a MK4 so of course I need this one now too... right?

Makes a guy wonder what they will do to rope us back in with another one in a year or two?

Comment

• BigCountryQ
                  BigCountryQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha! I just noticed you're from Pawnee! hahahahaha

• Nate
                  Nate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BigCountryQ , I was wondering if and when someone would catch that

Very cool lonnie mac - How much $$ if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

$129.00 I needed a new one anyway. My old MK1 has been on the blink at times.

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

How far does that laser shoot lonnie mac ? I am wondering if it passes the cat toy test so I can get permission to buy one-

Comment

• lonnie mac
                      lonnie mac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah, Haven't seen a laser dot yet. Maybe there is a way to turn it on. Haven't read yet. I know my Fluke can have the lasers on or off. I'll check tonight!

I see it's not splashproof like most thermapens, the IR readout isn't backlit, and only comes in white right now.

Comment

• allsid
                      allsid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Correct- it is not splashproof. I am guessing they may be working on it because they mention that aspect frequently. Personally, I do not have an issue but I can understand why people would enjoy that feature. People much cleaner than I am- LOL.

That thing looks super sweet

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here