Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SteakChamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SteakChamp

i find this kinda interesting. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this?

It has positive reviews in Amazon. Also positive reviews on YouTube.

Maybe rickbrowne can get his hands on one so he can give us his review on it.

https://www.steakchamp.com

I see a language that tells me they know exactly what they are doing.

Comment

Good find DW!

Interested I’m hearing some reviews.

Comment

The please note comment makes me keep my mk4

Comment

It is interesting. Nicely done web site it had a non gadget guy like me reading for a bit. I'd be interested to see a review done but for $60 I will let someone else have the honor. I agree with customtrim I'll stick with the MK4.
          I did notice they were using some pretty monster thick cuts. I wonder how they perform on a thinner cut when the probe is closer to the heat source and not so much protection on either side. Also that's a pretty big probe to be sticking into a chicken or duck breast as they advertise.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s plenty of YouTube videos where they are testing it with thinner steaks. Also it’s $44.95 on Amazon.

I'm gonna wait for the remote/bluetooth/wifi version.

Comment

I dunno. Looks cool.

Comment

Comment

That's pretty neat, but I think the probe part is too thick. I'll stay with my ChefAlarm and needle probes.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I also used a needle probe when doing steaks.

It looks like it works well.

But, I would need at least two of them: one for my medium rare, one for Mrs' medium. So, $90 for the convenience of the SteakChamp when I already have two instant reads and three or four wired probes? Naw. It just came along too late for me.

Comment

My version....

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like a marital aid. : )

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is rather sexy

Disposable?
                  No charging, no battery replacement, No thanks

"BATTERY
                  The SteakChamp functions with advanced and extremely energy-saving LED technology and therefore has very low electricity consumption when used around 1,000 times. The battery cannot be replaced."

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol....admits to failure....epic fail !!!!!

I think they are on to something for sure, but clearly just not refined enough.

Comment

Well way better than a meater! Lol lol

sorry i I had to.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe Anova should call their circulator the "meater"

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here