Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermaQ meathead pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThermaQ meathead pack

Hi Guy's,
    I bought the ThermaQ Meathead pack & had it sent to Australia but, I'm not sure about the oven probe (in attached photo). It didn't come with a grill clip & it seems to be missing an attachment on the end (maybe)?? I can't find any photos on their site showing where to put it in my smoker? Does anyone have a pic of placing it in a bullet smoker?
    Attached Files

From the info on the Thermoworks site, I believe that is the grill temp probe ((WD-08467-64) High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber Probe Range: Tip and cable to 2200°F ). You did get 2 other probes? The (113-151) Fast Response Meat Needle Probe Range: to 482°F and a (113-178) Armored Smokehouse Penetration Probe Range: Tip and cable to 660°F . Should place it at the same level as what you are smoking.

Comment

That is a Type K Thermocouple probe. The end that does not have an attachment, probably doesn't come with one as they usually are free air probes. It's most likely a probe that will route into your bullet smoker and will just hang in there. We use these types of probes at work on a daily basis for measuring component temperatures and such.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        You can wrap some foil to make a small ball around it towards the end (but a bit away from it) so that the ball will rest on the grate, and the end will be in the air. Keep it at least a couple of inches from the meat, so you don't get the infamous "meat shadow". I'm pretty sure I have the same probe, but it's been too cold for me to cook for a while.

Jim is correct but that's really not the right probe for the cook chamber. It will work of course. Just as MM suggests:
      This is the grate probes and clip: High Temp Air Probe and Grate Clip (-442)

Click image for larger version

Name:	TW-113-442-GC_generic-01 2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	450373

Comment

• BigCountryQ
        BigCountryQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the Clarification! This will probably work much better in this configuration!

Thanks guy's. I really appreciate the feedback & have the answer now. Can't wait to cook with it this weekend. Cheers....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here