Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard alarms not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard alarms not working

Hi All,

Am cooking my first brisket - mainly just the point as only 3Kg.

Probes are working fine and recording the temperatures but none of the alarms I have set seem to be working. Any idea what might be wrong, I am using an iphone and on the app everything seems to be working fine but no alarms.

Cheers

Andrew

I have never had a problem with alarms, but I know they respond almost immediately if you contact the company.

Comment

I find this - wait for it - alarming. Sorry, I don't have one, so can offer no help.

Comment

First thing is to make sure on "Dashboard". Select the probe and press edit in the upper right hand section. Select alerts. I'm assuming you've put in you min and max temp, the next part is make sure you have your notifications turned on in the individual alert. Then check in that same section to make sure your notification preferences are selected.

If that's all ok. Finally check your iPhone Settings>Notifications>Fireboard. Make sure you have everything you want turned on and selected.

If that doesn't work. Like kmhfive said, contact Fireboard, they are great with their responses.

Comment

Not really relevant to your situation but a caution about alerts. Do not set your minimum meat temp alert until you get to the temperature range you're looking for. First time I set up for my new FireBoard, I set the min, max and anything else I could figure out. I kept getting alarms/alerts/emails until I figured out that my min was triggering the system as it worked its way up. Yes, I learn more from my mistakes than reading the instructions.

Comment

In addition to the above, make sure you have your phone set to receive push notifications from FireBoard.

Comment

Cheers for advice, sadly still not working. Have had a reply from fireboard and they have suggested similar things but still not working. Have sent them screenshots of what I have set up so that they can see it is done correctly.

Cheers

Comment

Mystery solved it doesn't work in China as Fireboard uses Google's cloud messaging service.

Can use the alarm of my Thermosmoke to help me cook at night time.

Comment

• kmhfive
                  kmhfive commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! Sorry to hear about that issue. I hope they come up with a work around!

Wonder if it would work if you turned off the wifi and used the blue tooth connection?

Comment

Silly thing to ask.. but do you have anything on mute or turned way down?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here