Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-732

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET-732

Hey Folks,
    I have a Maverick ET-732 set up. I like it but the receiver loses the signal a lot. I'm usually only 15-20 feet away from the transmitter and I've changed the batteries. Yesterday during my cook it was really bad the first few hours then the last few it was fine. Anyone else have a similar issue? Any fixes?

No mine has a pretty good range. I wish it was even better, but it's definitely better than 15-20 feet and that's through a wall into my house. I made a thread before about my baby monitor Wifi upgrade I use when I'm away from the house. I point it at the transmitter and then access the camera when I'm out and about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jP8HfEk.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	422825

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Well played, sir. Lol. Love that idea.

• kamadoRob
      kamadoRob commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is brilliant! I have a couple of extra WiFi cameras around, I'm gonna do this on my next cook.

Sounds like you might be having a probe going bad.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't sound like a probe to me if his transmitter is accurate and reliable.

The only fix that I can think of is get yourself a Fireboard. Cheers! 🍺

Comment

It happens once in a while when I have my double panned glass door that goes out to the back patio shut.

Comment

I have much better range than that! Might want to contact them......something is not right with your unit.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed

I agree with richinlbrg ... mine has excellent range -- through the house to the bedroom! Call them on it!

Comment

If you do find out what the problem was please share the info with us.

Comment

DWCowles I have a new probe sitting on my desk it's always the dang probe with the Maverick!!!

Hello Santa..... what's that?? A Fireboard??

Im getting probed to death!

Comment

"To Serve Man."

Comment

I agree, my 732 has been spectacular. It is beat up and broken down, but the range has been great and it has been very durable! I want to get a couple more, I wish they made one with 4-6 monitoring slots.

Comment

i also don't have the best range. my smoker is outside a window from my living room, but the signal has to go through my tv. i don't think i can get more than 20 feet away for a reliable signal, and even when i am in range they will sometimes randomly drop on me for a little bit. that being said, when it is in range, it works like 90% of the time without loss

Comment

Mine works great. I take it up to my bedroom on the second level and opposite side of the house with no issues. I would call them.

Comment

Just a note about my 732... I know when I put it inside the hopper on my pellet smoker, it won't send signal out. Apparently the metal surrounding the sending unit blocks all the signal, so I have to go pull it out and set it out in the elements. Maybe if you have it in a location where metal is blocking transmission it would drastically decrease range? Say, if it's on the opposite side of your smoker from where you are trying to receive or something? Or if you have metal studs in your house, etc.? Maybe try some repositioning to get a better signal.

Just a thought.

Comment

No problems with mine either. A thought would be to optimize reception. I.e. consider obstructions interfering with the signal, and a bit on the remote thought side, is other electronic signals (RF) can interfere too. (not an an electronic engineer but have heard of this).

M.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here