Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Probe Durability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Probe Durability?

I've been using a Tappecue WiFi thermometer for the past 3.5 yrs and while the the box and app work fine, I'm fed up with the multiple failures of probes. I've gone through enough of their regular and 'extra-care' probes to almost buy a new Tappecue. Having one fail yesterday during my Thanksgiving turkey cook is the final straw. I'm done with my Tappecue and will be petitioning Santa for a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition or a ThermaQ WiFi Kit. I've read/heard great things about the Fireboard, but really like the Type K thermocouples used with the ThermaQ.

So for the Fireboard users, are you happy with the performance and especially the durability of your probes?

For those of you that belong in Thermometers Anomyous and have both the Fireboard and ThermaQ WiFi, which do you prefer?

Thanks!

PS. If someone is in the market for a well-cared for Tappecue with four working probes, DM me.

I think the FireBoard probes are the most durably I have owned to date. No issues with many cooks now, I throw them in the dish washer after every use as they are waterproof.

And I have had some probes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38010.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	415059

Comment

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      lonnie mac great info. Thanks! Waterproof...sweet. I've been gingerly hand-cleaning, with minimal water, my Tappecue probes. Nice pic. Hopefully it's not too far of a drive for your Thermometers Anonymous meetings. =)

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lonnie Mac, Todate I'm With You I have Not Had any Probe Problems with FireBoard‼️ I haven't tried Putting the Probes in the Dishwasher Yet❓ Come to Think of It I think I have only had one Probe Failure on either the Maverick Et 733 or the DigiQ DX-2 by BBQGURU❓ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I have had zero problems with the Fireboard probes so far.

Comment

Same here, Fireboard probes have performed well for me since purchasing this past spring. I've used them about 50 times and all good.

Comment

Same comment. No problems with my fireboard probes to date.

Comment

I am very happy with my Fireboard probes. They are more durable than any other probes I have used in the past. Usually I use them in the smoker, but yesterday I used them in a fryer. The temp got up too about 400 F with absolutely no issues.I had one probe in the breast of the turkey and one in the oil. I thought being submerged in the oil, at a high temp would do funky things to the probe, but it preformed flawlessly. Which was impressive because the oil temp probe was submerged for about 8 hours and went through several heating and cooling cycles.

Comment

• T-bone
            T-bone commented
            Editing a comment
            Good sign of great customer service. Thanks!

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker I was wondering about the "sacrificial probe" idea, but I see you had your safety net in place!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I was thinking about it at work, so I called them. They were more than happy to send me a new one, if something happened. I also got feedback from them this morning. EdF Great people over there.

I can’t add new knowledge to what’s said above, but have loved my Fireboard as I’m sure you will!

Comment

I took a gamble and purchased the Fire Board and it arrived on Wednesday in time for Thanksgiving. I cooked a 23lb Turkey on my Rec Tec 680 with the Fire Board and it was perfect. Highly recommend.

Comment

Highly recommend the Fireboard. Agree with all comments above. A great feature for me is being able to check status on multiple devices during the cook - phone, desktop, Ipad. I am not tied to a single monitoring device with range limitations like I had on the Maverick.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I love that too!

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that's what I like about the Smobot and my freezer alarm device (having lost a whole chest freezer full of meat once).

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here