Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Customer service A+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Customer service A+

Got my new Fireboard w/ Fan Friday. Had an issue getting it set-up on Bluetooth with my Turbo2 Phone (no issues connecting to wife and daughters IPhones). Customer service had not experienced any issues like this and they worked with me like I was a VIP. Ended up being the location setting. Have to have the Settings>Location slider ON for the Bluetooth to work with the Fireboard. Also have to allow location in the app. Couldn't have been more pleased with their customer service.

Now for the Fireboard. Thing is great. Have only run a test fire through my Weber Performer but it was fun watching and playing with the settings. Hooked up the fan to the Touch-n-Go burner. That worked about as expected "Not too good". Think I'll cut the end off the burner tomorrow and see how that works? Gotta get the air across the grill to the coals. My setup was the issue, not the fan or Fireboard, they both worked great.

Good news on the setup! I've been impressed with Fireboard and their team. I just ordered the Pit Viper fan and the kettle adapter. I'll be drilling a new hole in one of the Kettles I just rescued from Craigslist for the fan. Then I'll get the cable from Fireboard and watch it go!

Comment

I was looking at the Pit Viper fan but decided on the fan from Fireboard. Got an adapter from Auber to go from a rectangular fan opening to circular 1" NPT.

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it will work! Take pictures if you can. It could help others putting a plan together!

• aucivil
        aucivil commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do - I plan to document the mod after I get it all figured out and working better.

Slight update - Turns out it is now working much better since I cleaned the dirt-dobber nest out of the burner tube. Certainly explains the temp dropping while the fan is going 100%. Long way from where I need to be but baby steps.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Been there!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here