Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions using the cool Thermoworks Smoke - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions using the cool Thermoworks Smoke - Help

I've just resumed my weekend, at the house smoking plan, thanks to my beloved New Orleans Saints getting back to playing. This is the 5th season I'm cooking for every Saints game that I'm home for.

Since the game stinks today, I'm playing with my new Thermoworks Smoke. It seems GREAT so far, but I'm encountering a couple of issues I'm sure you all will know how to manage:

I left the meat probe at the Rib Shack trailer, so I only have the grate probe. The remote unit gives me an alarm every couple of minutes telling me there is No Probe on the lower side (I have the grate probe plugged in on the top). I put the lower side on No Alarm setting, hoping that would solve the problem Nope - it still beeps at me, and I confess, that is super irritating.

Maybe it's because the Saints are loosing to the Patriots by 20 points...

thanks
    paul

20 points ain't bad against the Pats.

Comment

Yes that is irritating. Check your display for the alarm "on" or "off" indicator. I have a suspicion it's still "on" You have to use the buttons to the right of the display on the transmitter to turn the alarm on and off. Mine just blinks and says "No P" when nothing is connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
        Yes that is irritating. Check your display for the alarm "on" or "off" indicator. I have a suspicion it's still "on" You have to use the buttons to the right of the display on the transmitter to turn the alarm on and off. Mine just blinks and says "No P" when nothing is connected.
        This is with the Alarm marked as "off". I plugged another probe I had from a Maverick in there to shut it up.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's weird. Mine does not beep like that with only one probe in it... 😱

It takes two probes to make the Smoke act right.....it takes two probes to make it out of sight.....carry on with your scheduled programming....

Pay a quarterback 19 MILLION per year.....fo what??????

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          The Saints are not playing that well so far this year!
          #StillWhoDat

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here