Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highly recommend ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly recommend ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer

If you haven't taken advantage of the Amazing Ribs discount yet on the new ThermoWorks Smoke thermometer I highly recommend it. I didn't want to pay $99 for it, but when they offered the discount I figured I would give it a try. If I would have known how great it is I would have paid full price. I have a Maverick 732 and it works, but had to read the novel length instruction book provided several times to understand and get the settings where I wanted. Also, had difficulty at times getting the Maverick 732 to sync. None of these issues at all with the Smoke. Took it out of the box, inserted probes, and was able to figure out the settings within minutes just by looking at the buttons. Smoke syncs automatically with the receiver as soon as you turn it on. Couldn't get any easier. It also feels more hefty and durable than the Maverick. Decided to try a quick cook of turkey legs and a breast on the PBC for the first use. Extremely pleased. Thanks Amazing Ribs for the discount.
    Attached Files

I love mine, just wish they would release the WIFI unit that works with the smoke. I keep waiting.

Comment

A product that truly lives up to the hype!!! I LOVE mine...

Comment

Thank You for sharing your experience with the SMOKE! I know you are not alone in loving this thermo. Bye bye Maverick.......

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Feel free to send your Mavericks my way!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Already gave them away! Lo Siento Amigo! Huskee

Glad you love it!

Comment

Love my Smoke!

Comment

Don't cook without it

Comment

Ditto to all the above, plus my son is getting excited to learn his numbers so he can help Dad track the temperatures on the receiver unit.

Sure he's only three and he basically reports the numbers as 80 degrees every time I ask, but I'm happy the Smoke may get him hooked on grilling early!

Comment

Just took mine out of the box & was wondering if this was a wise move. Ya'll have stoked the coals once again, I forgot why I just had to have it & then the sale came along. Planning a cook on Tues.

Comment

I agree Spinaker Mavericks are so 2015!! Don't get me wrong I loved mine when I 1st got it, it was sort of a pain to set temps and such but nothing out was better then, Now with The Smoke, The FireBoard, Tappeque ect Maverick is falling way behind. I would have gone with the Smoke but no wifi caused me to look elsewhere. Radio wont reach my upstairs bedroom for overnight cooks. Tired of cooks taking longer and ending at midnight now they end during the day!!
                  Last edited by GadjetGriller; June 25, 2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My FireBoard is my goto now. Still LOVE my smoke too! Where does this leave the Meater now? LOL

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At the price point, Mavricks are pretty good set ups.

AWM77, I just received my new Smoke and am very pleased. How did you get your remote receiver to stand on end? With rounded ends it does not stand up and when you place it on its side the numbers do not rotate for easy reading. Also, another great feature is the magnets on the base unit.

Comment

• awm77
                    awm77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't have any issue standing the remote on end, but I can see where some type of kick stand would have been useful.

I love my Smoke. Very easy to use and built like a tank. BTW some Sugru or a few Legos make a nice stand for the remote.

Comment

• abandonedbrain
                    abandonedbrain commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was just thinking Sugru, but now the thought of a Lego castle for it to set into is calling to me...

Any recommendations for how best to attach the probe to Grill Grates? How close should the probe be to the surface?

Comment

Originally posted by Vargeth View Post
                    Any recommendations for how best to attach the probe to Grill Grates? How close should the probe be to the surface?
                    I'd just use the clip that comes with it, it's a pretty good height.

Comment

Originally posted by Vargeth View Post
                      Be careful not to let the probe cables touch the grill grates. Those cables are rated to 700 F and the grill grates can easily reach or exceed 700 if you're not careful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here