Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infrared Thermometer Gun at Home Depot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infrared Thermometer Gun at Home Depot.

Anyone have any insight into the Consumer Electrics brand Infrared Thermometer gun they sell at Home Depot? Or any of the other brands they carry there?

I know that it's not any more expensive than some of the recommended ones that have been reviewed, but I am 1) trying to limit out of pocket expenses for the next few weeks and 2) have gift cards to Home Depot, so if I can get something that works there, that's my first choice.

Hey man if you've got gift cards I say go for it and give the rest of us a review. Or save those cards until the Memorial Day 50% off sale on charcoal!

Comment

I got one from Radio Shack years ago and it has been great and accurate, i'd give it a try and take it back if it doesn't work. Not sure what you will use it for but make sure to check the limits, I saw several that only did about 300 degrees.

Comment

The link just goes to the HD main site. Is it this one?

Comment

That is the one. Sorry, guess I messed the link up. It goes to 300 deg C, which is 572 deg F. That may not be enough. I really want to see how how my grill grates get.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm betting it's not nearly enough. Your grill grates in warp 10 mode will probably get 800+.

Home depot does have some models that will measure up to 1200 deg F. But they are all over $100. So I'm just going to order the Thermoworks one from Amazon.
          I'm also going to order the one by BAFX that's only $18. I'll do a comparison, and send the one I don't like back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here