Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Thermometer for my KBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Thermometer for my KBQ

Spinaker,@jgrana,@slvance and all those with a KBQ - When looking at pictures of your KBQ's, many of you have a mounted pit thermometer in the picture. Please advise me on what brand seems to work best, how did you mount it and why did you get one since the KBQ has a thermostat? Thanks much!!
    The OmegaDog

OD,
    I got the cheap Weber thermo. I don't use it to actually know what temp the pit is at; because the air is always moving inside the KBQ the temp is always rising and falling. I have the cheap dial thermo in the top-right-corner of the cook box, just to see how my temps are fluctuating. By now I know where my dial needs to be set for each type of meat. The thermos just help me make sure that everything is running well. Its more of a guide than anything. I used to use my Mavs in the cook box but they are a pain with the wires, the door, the racks blah blah blah. The cheap dial thermos were just easier to use with the KBQ.

I hope this answers your question. Have a great New Year!!

Comment

The thermostat dial of the KBQ often bears little resemblance to what the average temp is going on inside the KBQ so I think a thermometer probe stuck in the hole of the control box is useful to at least get the KBQ near where you want it.

Anything that will fit in the existing hole meant for a thermo will work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here